The Muybridgizer allows iPhone photographers to take pictures inspired by the iconic works of early photographer Eadweard Muybridge. The release of the app celebrates the opening of a major exhibition of Muybridge’s work at Tate Britain (8 September 2010 – 16 January 2011).
The Muybridgizer freeze-frames the moving world, just as Muybridge did with subjects ranging from running horses to leapfrogging boys. In homage to the analogue Victorian beauty of the originals, users can Muybridge-ize their frames with grids and sepia tones, transforming their moving images into striking vintage-style pictures.
The application is offered free for a limited period.
**Before updating** Save your Muybridgized images from V1 to your camera roll to ensure their safety. We don't want you to lose your images through any upgrade glitches.
NEW in version 1.1:
- Now share your Muybridgised images as animated videos as well as a set of stills.
- Share to Facebook as well as Flickr and send by email.
- Save to your camera roll automatically
- Two new filters to replicate Muybridge's later work: a black & white frameless grid and a blue "cyanotype" style tighter frame.
- Capture in portrait orientation
- Simplified capture screens
Ratings and Reviews
This app is really worth downloading. I think some of my old videos disappeared - I'd try and get yours off the app onto something else if you want to keep them.
I would like to suggest to the app developers that they have a full colour option if possible, perhaps for an extra 69p. But perhaps this time if you're doing a change, please don't make people's videos disappear at the same time.
update lost old cool features
Sadly there are a few lost features from the old free version and beyond that it erased the files that were no longer able to be produced without the new 'up-grade'. This was a real lost for me as I'd put work into making the images and now they're gone.... While not wishing the fate of Mrs Muybridge's lover upon the developers, a gentle prod with a wet fish is in order.
Nice update but......
Great App but really, really, really need to be able to access video. Nice update, but can't save video to camera roll. Please try to make changes for next update.
- Tate Gallery
- 14.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tate
- In-App Purchases
- Share videos and capture with two new filters £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.