My BMW Remote
By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With its innovative services, BMW ConnectedDrive enhances the safety and comfort of your BMW.
The “My BMW Remote" app provides you with a connection to your BMW via the mobile phone network.
You are unsure whether or not you have locked your parked BMW and wish to lock it for peace of mind - without having to be close by?
The "My BMW Remote" app can be used exclusively for BMW vehicles equipped with option 6AP Remote Services or with an active BMW Assist contract (depends on market offer).
Prior activation is required via the Customer Portal Login at www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk
The following functions can be used with the "My BMW Remote" app (available functions depend on vehicle model and national variant):
• Remote Door Lock & Unlock
• Remote Climate Control
• Remote Horn Blow: send a remote command to sound the horn of your BMW to help locate the vehicle
• Remote Light Flash: remote control of configurable exterior light functions to locate the vehicle
• Online search (powered by GoogleTM): address destination search on the smartphone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
• Vehicle Finder: display of current vehicle position on a map in the smartphone - for locating a parked car within a radius of up to 1,5 kilometers.
The "My BMW Remote" app is available free of charge. Usage is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive.
Thank you for your interest in the "My BMW Remote" app. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive, please also consult our online portal at www.bmw.co.uk/connecteddrive.
What's New in Version 3.1
- Bug fix climate services
- New: Support TouchID, unlock the app via Touch ID (available from iOS8)
- Sending any location via a long press on the map to the vehicle
- Send addresses from address book to the vehicle
- App available for China and Turkey
- Optimization on iOS 8
- Demo mode available
- Online search: display of results in a list format
Great for google send to car function
Useful app, I use it all the time to send addresses to my car. But latest update seems to have changed the functionality of the Google search. I live in the UK but if I search for a road near me I usually get search results from New Zealand and the USA mixed in with local results !
Nice idea, but in practice it's too slow
Average time between sending the command and it actually happening is over a minute, sometimes longer depending on connection speed.
Often unable to contact the server as well, and I've not managed to send any locations to the car due to server connection errors.
Useful if you leave the car and wonder if you did lock it, but not a go to app.
This new update is an improvement over the previous two appallingly feeble attempts. However there are still no street names or road numbers in the hybrid map view so is virtually useless. Also the time to send to vehicle is terribly slow. A confirmation that the info has been sent would be useful.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 05 December 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- © 2013 BMW Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.