My BMW Remote
By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With its innovative services, BMW ConnectedDrive enhances the safety and comfort of your BMW.
The “My BMW Remote" app provides you with a connection to your BMW via the mobile phone network.
You are unsure whether or not you have locked your parked BMW and wish to lock it for peace of mind - without having to be close by?
The "My BMW Remote" app can be used exclusively for BMW vehicles equipped with option 6AP Remote Services or with an active BMW Assist contract (depends on market offer).
Prior activation is required via the Customer Portal Login at www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk
The following functions can be used with the "My BMW Remote" app (available functions depend on vehicle model and national variant):
• Remote Door Lock & Unlock
• Remote Climate Control
• Remote Horn Blow: send a remote command to sound the horn of your BMW to help locate the vehicle
• Remote Light Flash: remote control of configurable exterior light functions to locate the vehicle
• Online search (powered by GoogleTM): address destination search on the smartphone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
• Vehicle Finder: display of current vehicle position on a map in the smartphone - for locating a parked car within a radius of up to 1,5 kilometers.
The "My BMW Remote" app is available free of charge. Usage is based on the general contractual and usage conditions for BMW ConnectedDrive.
Thank you for your interest in the "My BMW Remote" app. For further information on the wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive, please also consult our online portal at www.bmw.co.uk/connecteddrive.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
- Address display for the Send to Car function in the vehicle optimized
- Online search now available for Singapore
- Maintenance and bugfixes
Not to sure why the 1 star reviews
I have a MY15 5 series and everything seems to work fine. One thing I will say is I have a work phone on Vodafone and a personal phone on 3, the response times are so much quicker with 3 - better signal coverage im guessing. Unlock feature works within 10secs which is great if I'm walking to the car and keys in my bag... Much cheaper than the £600 cost option of keyless entry. Google address search/send feature again seems to much quicker on my 3 mobile service. I tracked my car from Ibiza and again it found my car fine....
Huge cost for limited/no value
Of very limited use with the ridiculous 1500 metre limit on locating your vehicle and no tracking of vehicle in motion due to Google imposed privacy. Such irony given the level of snooping and tracking Google are known for in their internet search engine! Never used the app except to experiment when I first got the car. BMW disabled it after 3 years and demanded more than £100 a year thereafter. That's an exorbitant in app purchase and for such an unhelpful function and the decision to delete it from my iPhone was easy.
Recently bought a Series 4 M & thought this would be a nice addition. Basically it's very slow to respond to any of the actions you set for it. So locking or even unlocking takes an age. Might as well use you key fob.
My father in law has a new Volvo it's its app works a lot quicker plus you have a horn function so if you cannot find your car in a parking lot just ping it.
On BMW I expected better.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 30 March 2015
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- © 2013 BMW Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.