My Moon Phase Pro is the best app for tracking the lunar calendar. It has a sleek dark design which makes it easy to view information such as the current moon cycle, moonrise & moonset times as well as extras such as when the next full moon will be. If you're interested in moon photography, you can also find out when the golden hours and blue hours are so you can take the most beautiful photos.
- View the moon cycle for any date in the future by scrolling on the date bar or by tapping the calendar button!
- Either allow the app to use your current location or manually select a location of your choice to use!
- See how cloudy the sky is expected to be on upcoming days so you can work out whether you'll be able to see the moon or not!
- Find the upcoming moon phases straight on the main screen - you'll instantly know when the next full moon, new moon, first quarter and last quarter are.
- Golden hour and blue hour times are available to allow you to calculate when to take photos.
- More specific information is available such as the moon's distance from Earth, the age of the moon as well as the current altitude. This is available for any date on the lunar calendar.
- Receive notifications when the moon reaches a particular phase of your choice.
- Optimized for the latest iPhone and iPad, including iPhone X.
- Apple Watch + Apple TV support!
- iOS 11 widget and iMessage app!
If you want the most efficient way of keeping up with the lunar calendar and the current moon phases, then My Moon Phase Pro is the right app for you. This version is similar to apps such as Deluxe Moon Pro.
Improvements to date calendar format for non-US regions.
Ratings and Reviews
Not quite right
I went to the coast in North Cornwall, UK this morning to capture the moon setting on the sea, but left home early to make sure I had ample time to setup my camera.
However, this app indicated moon setting at 08:11 but it actually set at 07:11?
I think you need to highlight the times as either UTC or GMT for other users.
Developer Response ,
The moonset shows the next moonset time after the moon has risen on that specific date. In this case, the moon rose at 19:48 on 25th Sep and then set again at 08:11 on 26th Sep. As a result, you were using the moonset time for the following day. The app tries to make this clear by showing the date above the time in cases where the moonset time is on a different date.
Absolutely fabulous the pro model and starter app are to me brilliant 👌and a big plus to me was on receiving my new phone I had no problems downloading 😉
Excellent app, accurate wherever you are. Good for photography too with relevant rise/set times
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.