Improving functionality, user experience and giving you more control on managing your membership. Plus, you can now search for your favourite instructor, learn more about your gym, get great hints and tips or book courses; and it’s all at your fingertips.
If you are having problems downloading or installing the app visit www.puregym.com/app-help/ for more help and advice.
We’d also love to hear your feedback so get in touch by selecting feedback button inside the app.
Don’t worry if you’re not a PureGym member you can join any of our 200+ UK gyms online at https://www.puregym.com/join/
Version 3.1.1043 (79)
Our latest release v3.1.1043 (79) incorporates updates based on member feedback, including:
- Plan when to visit the gym by seeing how busy its likely to be later today (Extra memberships only)
- Keep motivated by seeing how many gym visits you’ve made recently
- Get notifications when your place on the class waiting list becomes a reservation
- Bug fixed that prevented you from cancelling waiting list classes from booking page
- Minor design changes to the class list page
- Numerous bug fixes and performance increases
There will be lots more releases and features to come…so please keep an eye out for further updates!
Ratings and Reviews
Good app - but calendar integration needs to be improved
There are a lot of reviews with new feature ideas. However there is one current feature that doesn't work properly. Once you book a class and 'add to calendar' you cannot change the calendar it gets saved to. If you try the app just crashes. Instead you have to save it in the default calendar then close the app, open your calendar then update it there. Please take a look into this bug!
An even simpler idea would be to publish the calendar as a public calendar (and internet calendar subscription) - that way you wouldn't need to add it to your diary and therefore may improve turnout at class if they show in your diary with even less effort. (Ie. If you didn't add it to your diary it'll still appear in your calendar to remind you).
My only other suggestion is have your instructors take attendance at classes through a tablet. It's pretty impressive how paperless/electronic the whole PureGym experience is - until you have to tick your name on a printed class list.
Issues with update
I like the look of the new app but there are a few things which I have found irritating with it that didn’t happen with the old one. The first is that it no longer adds waiting list classes to your calendar which was useful to remind you that you could potentially get a space. Also, when you cancel a class it no longer removes it from your calendar for you meaning you have to go in and do it yourself. Lastly, when you are looking at classes and planning your week, once you book onto one and then click back, it takes you right back up to the top of the list (i.e. the current day) and you have to scroll back down to continue planning your week. I know this seems like a small issue but is irritating, especially when it didn’t used to happen!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, Thanks for your feedback - we've recently updated the app so it no longer takes you back to the top of page once you've booked a class, so hopefully you'll find this useful. We're also looking into removing classes from your calendar when you cancel them. Thanks again, PureGym
Great gym, great classes shame about whose who run them
Great place to work out, meet people and have good classes experiences HOWEVER one of the reasons I left was the attitude and indeed sexism that was displayed on a number of occasions. Classes were good but some of the comments of those teaching could be crude and in some cases dam sexist bordering on perverse which I did not feel comfortable. On one occasion a trainer (not running the class) came into it asking for beer orders, which he then went out to get and gave to one person doing a spin session. Another time one of the trainers turned up my spin resistance when I had made it to something I was able to do after just having had a baby and was post kidney transplant too...a fact that I didn’t disclose but didn’t think that a trainer would do as it was unnecessary and obviously wasn’t something I felt was helpful or motivating.
Developer Response ,
Hey, we are really sorry to hear of your experience causing you to leave us! We would like to investigate this further, as this is no way we want a member to feel after an interaction with a member of staff. Can you send Member Services an email on email@example.com with your old membership information and as much information on the issues as possible. Thanks, PureGym
- Pure Gym Limited
- 95.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pure Gym Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.