My Story - Book Maker for Kids
By HiDef Web Solutions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
----- My Story is now a Parent's Choice Award Winner! -----
Create and share ebooks and stories by adding drawings, photos, and stickers. Then record your voice on every page and share your story with friends, family and classmates. We’ve made My Story super teacher friendly by adding multiple authors and syncing across multiple iPads! So now you can have all your classroom iPads in sync! Perfect for the home or classroom.
"Every teacher of primary/elementary children should use your app. Outcomes are breathtaking."
- Chris Williams, Mr Andrews Online
“Perfect for primary students eager to create stories.”
- Karen L, Reading.org
“So many youngsters have trouble creating stories because spelling words can block the path. This app encourages the telling and encourages children to create a full story, which is marvelous.”
* YOUR STUDENT, THE AUTHOR
My Story combines drawing, stickers, photos, voice, and text to promote literacy and creativity in ebook format. Then share the book on the web, social networks, email, or directly to iBooks. Your child’s story, art, coloring, photos, ideas, and voice recordings are saved forever!
* REDESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP
- The modern and simple design makes for a really great experience for kids. There are no confusing interfaces, everything is a tap away and colorfully highlighted.
* MULTIPLE AUTHORS FOR CLASSROOM AND HOME
- Tens of thousands of teachers are already using My Story in their classroom, alongside parents who love using it at home. Now all children can have their own bookshelf.
* DRAWING, STICKERS, PHOTOS, AND TEXT
- Simple, friendly interface. We’ve made My Story as simple to use as possible. We believe in taking away complexity so children can dive into creating. Young kids will love just coloring and using stickers. Older kids will love to illustrate, add text, and make more complex books.
- Multiple brushes. Pencil, Paint Brush, & Marker.
- Stickers: We’ve included dozens of stickers like dinos and farm animals to help jumpstart creativity without taking away from creative expression.
- Photos: Add photos from your photo library or take a photo with your iPad’s camera and place it on the canvas.
- 29 vibrant and fun colors to choose from.
* VOICE RECORDING AND WRITING
- Easy-to-use button lets you start and stop voice recording for every page of the book
- Voice recordings are integrated when your book is published!
- Each page can have a page caption or as an object right on the canvas.
* PUBLISHING, SHARING & READING
- Create an unlimited number of books.
- Share your story book via the Web, Email, Facebook, Twitter and to anyone on any device or computer!
- Publish your story book to iBooks (and other apps that can read ePub files) and read your book alongside other books from the iBookStore at any time!
- Read the story straight from the app with our reading mode.
* OUR VISION
We love kids. My Story is a product of CauseLabs, an innovation firm for social good. We’ve built the app to help children tell their stories while building trust with the important adults in their lives. Talk with us via email@example.com or @MyStoryApp. We love to hear from you & see your stories!
Note: Requires iOS 6 or higher.
What's New in Version 2.1.4
We love My Story and all of our great little story tellers. So we listened to your biggest bit of feedback: "Give us text editing, and make it multi-line while you're at it!". So here it is, in its full glory!
Updates in this version:
* Multi-line text, and editing new text. When you create a new text object, it can now be multiple lines, but you can also edit it after you've added it by pressing the green pencil icon on the text object on canvas. Note: text created on older versions of the app are like images, and won't be editable.
* New Stickers!!! Cooking/Baking, Summer/Outdoors, Gardening
* Enhancement: We made page managment a lot less annoying. In the page list view you now see the page you're on instead of being at the top by default every time.
* Bug fix: We fixed a bug that would make marker drawings disappear after you use the eraser. All of those drawings should now reappear!
* Bug fix: We fixed the pesky bug where selection boxes would appear in published books.