By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Xbox 360 SmartGlass to enhance your entertainment on Xbox 360.
Xbox 360 SmartGlass lets your device work with your Xbox 360 console to bring rich, interactive experiences and unique content about what you’re watching or playing, right to the device that’s already in your hand. Interact with your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and games, and bring remote control to a whole new level.
You can also connect with your Xbox friends, track and compare your achievements, and change up your 3D avatar.
Got an Xbox One? There’s an Xbox One SmartGlass app too.
Xbox 360 SmartGlass lets you:
• Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
• Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
• Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
• Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
• Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
• Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
• Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
• Change up your 3D avatar
• Message your Xbox friends
• Edit your Xbox profile
What's New in Version 2.5
Good but needs work
This app looks great and feels great but one of the main downfalls is its two slow. By the time smart glass has signed in you could of reached for the controller. There needs to be a session in place instead of timing out every time the app goes into the background. Also the the device is allowed to sleep which means for most people there 'remote' is turning off every minute. this should fix that… [[UIApplication sharedApplication] setIdleTimerDisabled:YES];
Two things I'd change -
When in an app (such as IGN) and using the search function on screen, it'd be easier to get your phone/tab's virtual keyboard up - Easier to type than using the remote swipes.
Have the app disable your device's sleep/screen shutdown function, so you don't have to unlock the device, wait for the app to sign in again etc.
But the future's looking solid, congrats XBox.
Good but got a problem
Works well and use it a lot when watching films and messaging people whilst playing, would be better if it didn't have to log in every time your phone screen goes off, also I'm watching sky yet it says I'm listening to 'brook and Dunn' rock my world. Who is this, and why does it say I'm listening to it? If this could be fixed that would be much better! Weird :S
- Category: Games
- Updated: 24 April 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 37.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2012 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.