By GlaxoSmithKline PLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MyAsthma is for patients (or their carers) living with asthma.
MyAsthma is designed to help you, and/or those caring for someone with asthma to manage their
condition. By understanding your potential asthma triggers such as pollen, dust, and animal hair
(MyAsthma contains an extensive list of common triggers of asthma) and combining this with
information on your surroundings that may be relevant, you can have a better understanding of how
to manage asthma.
MyAsthma gives you the ability to check and track asthma control by using the clinical tools; the
Asthma Control Test© (ACT) or for parents, the Childhood Asthma Control Test (C-ACT). These
simple tools can be used over time to understand how asthma management is progressing and the
information can be easily shared with a healthcare professional to help make improvements in care.
MyAsthma has been developed with healthcare professionals at the Nottingham Respiratory
Research Unit at the University of Nottingham to ensure quality and accuracy in the information it
MyAsthma connects with leading fitness trackers and health apps, including Apple Health, to
combine your data together so that it can be reviewed together.
With MyAsthma, you can:
• Track and manage your own or up to 5 other people’s asthma. Easily switch between
accounts to keep them all up to date.
• Use the simple, clinically validated Asthma Control Test (ACT) or the Childhood Asthma
Control Test (C-ACT) to monitor your asthma control every 30 days.
• See current environmental information - temperature, pollution and pollen including the
different types of pollen in the air at that moment.
• See information that is relevant to you – MyAsthma learns more as you interact with it and
gives you information when you need it.
• Record asthma attacks including date, possible triggers, your symptoms and if you had to
use your inhaler.
• Track your medication use.
• Store your Peak Flow or Spirometry readings as part of a personal asthma record.
• Share your personal asthma summary with a healthcare professional as part of an asthma
• Link to Apple Health, leading fitness trackers & health apps to bring all your data together.
MyAsthma is not intended to diagnose asthma or provide advice on medicines as this is the
responsibility of the asthma patients’ healthcare professionals.
MyAsthma is determined to be a Class I Medical Device and CE marked according to the EU Medical
Device Directive 93/42/EEC to permit use within the UK market.
Weather & pollution data is supplied by Accuweather. Pollen data is supplied by MeteoVista
©2002, by QualityMetric Incorporated. Asthma Control Test is a trademark of QualityMetric Incorporated.
MyAsthma has been developed by GSK.
RF/AST/0019/14r Date of prep: August 2016
What's New in Version 3.0.1
We have updated the app to make it more reliable and to resolve some issues that were reported.
- Improved the integration with wearable devices.
- Fixed several issues relating to the PDF document that you can share with your healthcare professional.
- Encrypted the local database (within your phone) for your additional security!
- The chevron icons disappeared – we found them and put them back!
- Added the trademarks symbol and statements.
Details on all the issues addressed by this update can be found in the technical manual within MyAsthma or on our website, www.myasthma.com.
Like MyAsthma and find it useful? Make sure you rate us on the app store as your feedback helps us to help you.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 23 February 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 207 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Glaxo SmithKline PLC
- © Glaxo SmithKline PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.