Connect families and keep memories alive with myPlayLife. Create your very own private network; sharing photos, videos and audio for everyone to enjoy with the peace of mind that all content remains personal.
Our reminiscence therapy app was co-developed with the NHS Innovation Agency and LWDP Caring Concepts. It has been piloted in 16 care homes across the UK to help support families, friends and carers with alleviating social isolation amongst the older generation, or for those whose loved ones have short and long-term memory loss, via a ‘Lite’ mode feature specifically catered for people with dementia.
myPlayLife is your very own interactive life storyboard.
All quotes below are taken from the LWDP Summary Report following a month Beta trial at care homes across the UK:
- ‘’Very good for reminiscence which is great when working with dementia.’’
- ‘’The app impacted on residents, relatives and staff in multiple ways.’’
- ‘’Use of the iPad increased 60% in the care homes that took part.’’
- ‘’90% of carers would recommend the service to other families and carers across the UK.’’
- ‘’90% of users believed this technology has the ability to improve connection with residents.’’
- ‘’This short pilot represents an excellent foundation for the future in support of dementia across the UK.’’
BENEFITS OF REMINISCENCE THERAPY
- Increased ability to communicate. Often when you watch someone re-tell a story, you watch them come alive with the memory and emotion
- Provides relief from boredom; a distraction from day-to-day problems
- Alleviates symptoms of depression and helps cope with ageing
- Enjoy better relationships with your family/partner/spouse/friends/carers
- Re-establish life meaning for a person through connecting to the past and reasserting that person's feeling of importance
- Increased self worth and sense of belonging in the world
- Preserves stories and memories for future generations
THE SCIENCE BEHIND REMINISCENCE THERAPY
Reminiscence therapy is a biographical intervention that involves either group reminiscence work, where the past is discussed generally, or the use of stimuli such as music or pictures. Although closely related to reminiscence therapy, life story work tends to focus on putting together a life story album for an individual (Moos and Bjorn, 2006)
Evidence suggests that reminiscence therapy can lead to overall improvements in depression and loneliness and promote psychological well-being (Chiang et al, 2010).
Research also supports the view that reminiscence therapy, including life story work, can improve relationships between people with dementia and their carers and thereby benefits both (Woods et al, 2009:1; Clarke et al, 2003; McKeown et al, 2006)
- Memories can be tagged by keywords, moods, calendar dates and locations, allowing you to browse your personal collection quickly
- Upload photos, videos and audio today to help bring a memory back to life tomorrow
- Play all of your memories in an easy to use slide show
- Secure communication between contributors
- Designed for use by friends, family and care providers
- Family and close friends can choose memories to share with you and securely message each other using the application
- Turn on the ‘Lite’ mode, designed specifically to help support people with dementia
- Creating a locations map and life story allows you to craft and personalise a movie reel which you can enjoy together
Download now for free to save, share and relive your most cherished memories easily with myPlayLife.
CONNECT WITH US
Online - http://www.myplaylifeapp.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/myPlayLifeApp
Twitter - https://twitter.com/myPlayLifeApp
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/myplaylife_app
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.