By Naim Audio Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Naim app provides comprehensive and intuitive control of Naim’s network-connected digital music players and wireless music systems.
*** THIS VERSION REQUIRES IOS 7 OR ABOVE ***
*** WE RECOMMEND MAKING SURE YOUR STREAMER IS UPDATED TO 3.22 ***
MU-SO: SIMPLE TO SET UP, EASY TO USE
Mu-so is a wireless music system designed by Naim Audio to transform your music into incredible sonic experiences. The Naim app features some simple set up features to get your mu-so playing within minutes:
• Simple network set up wizard
• Two EQ settings for positions away from or close to room boundary
• Set loudness control on/off
• Adjust illumination settings
• Update mu-so software directly from your mobile device
PLAY & CONTROL ALL YOUR MUSIC WIRELESSLY
Unite all of your music in one place with the Naim app and any of our network-connected digital music players or wireless music systems to put millions of songs at your fingertips.
• Select inputs: UPnPTM, Spotify Connect (mu-so only), Internet Radio, USB/iPod, Digital, Analogue
• Play, pause, skip tracks and seek to time
• Browse music through album artwork tiles
• Create and save playlists
• Control local and group volume and select rooms with multiroom feature
• Browse and play internet radio stations and save presets to home screen and on product control
Go deeper into your music with Naim’s unique sound while this app helps you make new discoveries along the way. Hit ‘Info’ when streaming over UPnPTM to explore the following in-depth information:
• Artists, performers and other credits
• Discographies, biographies and image galleries
• Similar music and new music recommendations
• Reviews and links to online articles
THIS VERSION REQUIRES IOS 7 OR ABOVE
This app works with all of the following Naim network-connected digital music players connected to a Wi-Fi network:
• UnitiQute 2
• NaimUniti 2
• ND5 XS
• NAC-N 172 XS
A Naim all-in-one player, network player or streaming preamplifier is required to create a multiroom system. Mu-so is a client player only. Spotify Connect is only available on mu-so and requires a Spotify Premium subscription.
What's New in Version 4.4
New: Product registration feature.
New: Help feature on settings screen
New: User option to show track options popup rather than immediately playing when track is tapped
Fixed: incorrect daylight saving popup
Fixed: Multiroom volume control would sometimes control unlinked rooms
Fixed: Sometimes a newly created playlist would be immediately "Unavailable"
Fixed: iPhone UPnP browse view occasionally has large chunks missing
Fixed: Switches back to UPnP input when Play pressed in USB/iPod input
Fixed: crash on close app when showing iRadio preset list.
Fixed: Other minor issues
Used with a Muso. Considering the undoubted quality of the hardware the control app is not very good. It seems to loose sight of the hardware (in same room with maximum wifi signal) and reports no Muso in the house at least once per day, and attempting to select other radio stations in very difficult unless you use a pre set station. I'm using the app on both an iPad Air 128 and iPhone 6+ 128 so they cannot blame my idevices ( both on iOS 8.2). The app also seems to have problems updating the information on the radio station currently playing, and freezes regularly. My internet feed is BT Infinity 2 fibre with a BT Homebub 5.
EDIT - I hard wired the Muso to the network using some 500 Mbps powerline adapters (TP - Link) and it is much better. Still gets only a 3 due to its poor performance on wifi.
Really fed up with the app going wrong - currently it can see my NAS drive, but it looks empty! Use the Unitiqute 2 remote & all the music's there. Come on NAIM - sort it out!
Now lost volume control via iPad....very disappointed
- Category: Music
- Updated: 12 March 2015
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 45.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Naim Audio Ltd
- © Naim Audio Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.