N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“If you're an iOS gamer who demands the very best, you should buy N.O.V.A. 3.” - Slidetoplay
“N.O.V.A. 3 looks, and sounds streets-ahead of anything else on the AppStore right now” - Touchgen 5/5
“NOVA 3 is bigger and better than its predecessors, not to mention a visual feast” - KnowYourMobile – 4.5/5
The most immersive and impressive sci-fi FPS franchise on smartphones is back! Fight for mankind's survival in the greatest space shooter on mobile devices!
Four months have passed since Kal ruined the Volterites' plans by sabotaging their war factories, and stopping the extraction of the Judger Artifacts. However, following the assassination of President Folsom, the government surrendered the colonies to the Volterite Protectorate in order to prevent civil war amongst the increasingly pro-Volterite citizens.
Kal Wardin has been laying low since Folsom’s death, but now he has received a desperate plea from Yelena to come to Earth. Once again, the hero must rise to save mankind!
• An epic storyline: Humanity finally returns to Earth after years of exile! Fight in 10 immersive levels across the galaxy, from a war-torn Earth to a frozen Volterite city.
• Multiple weapons and powers: Run, shoot, drive vehicles, and pilot a mech to defeat hordes of enemies.
• Join 12-player battles in 7 multiplayer modes (Capture the Point, Free-for-All, Capture the Flag, etc.) on 7 different maps.
• Use Voice Chat to communicate with your friends in real time! (Voice Chat available only on iPad 2, the new iPad, and iPhone 4S.)
• For the first time, multiple allies can jump inside the same vehicle and spread destruction on the battlefield.
• Discover the new FPS benchmark for graphics and gameplay on iOS (real-time shadow & lights, particle system, ragdoll physics, etc.)
•Optimized for iPad Retina Display
Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
End-User License Agreement: http://www.gameloft.com/eula/?lang=en
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Fixed crash on iOS 5.1.1
(｀_´)ゞ エ salute every1 @ 'Ꮹameloft®' once again!!!
Before I had an iPad and the only games I played were via various consoles throughout the years, I'd NEVER even heard of "Gameloft"!! Now, it's gotten to the point where if an App/Game comes with the "Gameloft" name under it then you can be 100% sure that you will experience 0% disappointment. They have delivered time after time on a whole variety of different games and have REEEEEEALLY made a name for themselves from the App Store... and deservingly so in my opinion. This game is a fantastic 3rd addition to the N.O.V.A series and if you was a fan of N.O.V.A + N.O.V.A 2, then, trust me, you will NOT be disappointed with this rendition. So keep up the quality "Gameloft", don't put out any rubbish in the App Store and I promise; if you keep on form and release games like N.O.V.A 3 then エ will keep on buying your games.
Online games like team deathmatches, etc, just don't work well enough on phones or tablets at the moment so don't bother trying to put too much effort on multiplayer modes and keep to perfecting single-player... for the time being anyway.
Amazing visuals and fun gameplay
N.O.V.A 3 is miles ahead of most other games in terms of graphics and visual effects, especially on later-gen devices. It is undoubtedly console-quality.
The gameplay is also very entertaining with a great interface layout allowing for quick reloads and easy weapon switching. Even on the smaller iPhone 5 screen it is hugely fun.
The story isn't Hollywood-level but is still decent and does not disappoint.
Two main criticisms. The multiplayer of Ń.O.V.A 2 was far superior and was easily comparable to console multiplayer, whereas this game lacks the fun-factor online.
Also, it is a better game to play on an iPhone or iPad mini, the iPad screen is simply too large to enjoy fully as you have to stretch your fingers uncomfortable to come into contact with the controls. It would be great for Bluetooth support so I could use my iPhone as a controller.
Caution: It may lag on older devices, especially the iPad 2 and 3.
Gameplay - 8.6
Graphics/visuals - 9.8
Multiplayer - 7.9
Length - 8.0
Great gameplay, but not on the level of N.O.V.A 2.
Great game but...
This is a great game. It has a rating of 5 stars IMO but I won't give the app a 5 stars due to the greedy aspect. This is the only expensive game that has in-app purchases which I believe to be unreasonable having already paid £5 just for the game. It takes a lot of time to farm the coins. I'm fine with that; either everybody farms the coins in order to buy the weapons and equipment with no in-app purchases or just make the weapons free.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 07 November 2014
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 1.98 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Gameloft
- © 2013 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo and N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Prometheus' Intervention£4.99
- A Box Full of Credits£4.99
- A Pocket Full of Credits£1.99
- Kal's Stash£1.99
- A Spaceship Full of Credits£9.99
- Maz'Rah's Secret£9.99
- A Comet's Worth of Credits£19.99
- Rufus' Armory£19.99
- A Planet's Worth of Credits£48.99
- Yelena's Upgrade£48.99