Smart toys can make science exciting! NAMOO is a fun, engaging exploration of the life of plants. Discover how leaves make food, experiment with underground root systems, or play with the parts of a plant cell! Interactive 3D simulations and straightforward language enable an immersive experience for curious minds.
*** App Store's App of the Day ***
*** Parents' Choice Silver Award ***
"This educational plant app illustrates lessons and engages students much better than any textbook or video."
–Jenny Bristol, Common Sense Media
"The existence of tools like NAMOO reminds me of why (in the right context) educational iPad apps can be SO AMAZING AND BENEFICIAL."
–Luke Dormehl, Cult of Mac
"With a pleasant pace and a charming feel, it sets the standard for functional learner-centered mobile education."
–Sarah Bell, Huffington Post
"NAMOO is a FANTASTIC TEACHING TOOL for children with its attractive visuals and interactive experience. However, it is also a great app for adults interested in learning more about the topics too."
–Sandy Stachowiak, AppAdvice
"NAMOO is one of the most beautiful science apps for kids I’ve ever seen... If you want to take your kids on an immersive tour across the different parts of a plant, this app is a MUST-HAVE."
–Eric Pramono, Geeks With Juniors
"This app is PERFECT for independent exploration... You’re sure to spark the interest of students as you give them a chance to interact with high-quality content."
–Monica Burns, ClassTechTips
There are many basic yet surprising things to learn about the inner workings of trees and flowers. How do plants turn carbon dioxide into food? How do flowers become fruits? Through the use of colorful interactive models, Namoo will help students gain a deeper understanding of the science at work. Namoo goes beyond the textbook! It is a multi-layered journey where you can play, experiment, and learn with ease.
Namoo features nine chapters. Each chapter is dedicated to a part of a plant and its function, including roots, stems, leaves, and flowers. Two chapters provide an in-depth look at cell structure and photosynthesis may awaken the scientist within!
In the world of Namoo, dynamic visuals are accompanied by clear explanations. Every tap of the screen yields a new bit of information. With students in mind, we have also included comprehensive reading blocks for each chapter. Namoo is designed to be a one-stop solution and an immersive tour through plant life.
- Nine chapters including: roots, root tips, leaf anatomy, plant cells, photosynthesis, flowers and fruits, trunks, and stems
- AR experience for the trunk chapter
- Original 3D artwork, music, and sound design
- Encyclopedia-inspired, interactive 3D simulations
- Plain labels, clear explanations, and student-friendly reading sections
- Immersive and fun learning for kids and adults
- Discover amazing processes such as pollination or photosynthesis in a fun, engaging way
- Experiment with different environmental conditions and see what happens!
- iPhone X support
- Fixed language issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Utter rubbish wasted money to have a better look. Poor graphics don’t do anything.
Love the art style
I love the art style so much it's definitely worth the price
- CRAYON BOX Inc.
- 195.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 CRAYON BOX Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.