PixelMags - Nation Replica
By Pixel Mags
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Today’s most widely read political weekly, The Nation is also America’s oldest weekly magazine--founded the summer the Civil War ended. Proudly progressive and independent of political parties and corporate interests, The Nation speaks to an engaged, concerned and influential audience as a champion of civil liberties, human rights, and economic justice.
Long serving as a kind of early warning system, The Nation published Martin Luther King Jr. long before he achieved national renown; we published Ralph Nader’s article about unsafe cars, giving rise to the contemporary consumer movement; we linked cigarettes and cancer in 1952, sounded the alarm on Vietnam in 1954, and warned of the evils of Joe McCarthy as early as 1951. In the 19th Century Henry James wrote for us anonymously.
More recently, Nation investigations revealed the extent of the secret US war in Pakistan, and exposed Pentagon payments to Taliban insurgents protecting American supply routes. The Nation reported on the pipeline between predatory loans and hi-speed Wall Street investments in 2002, six years before the economic meltdown. And long before the mainstream media acknowledged their role in hurrying America to a war and quagmire in Iraq, The Nation fearlessly questioned then-President Bush’s facts, his rationales, his wisdom and his motives.
The Nation breaks down the debate on critical issues of the day with lively editorials, in-depth investigative reporting and analysis, as well as award-winning film, books and arts coverage.
Publisher and Editor: Katrina vanden Heuvel.
What's New in Version 3.1.4
Thanks for your feedback, we love hearing from you. We’re constantly working to create the best experience possible for you and your comments really do help - good or bad. After updating, please login with your existing PixelMags account to access your library. Upon logging in, all owned issues will become available for download.
Improvements and New Features for iPad/iPhone:
- Updated user interface for iOS 7
- User interface tweaks for iOS 6
- Enabled download queueing
- Integrated download management with the issue library
- Added social sharing for pages of issues
- Issue titles are now displayed under cover thumbnails
- Improved performance throughout the app
- Bug fix for subscription allocation
Don't forget, you can restore your purchases through the settings menu.
We are committed to providing you with the best experience possible so if you have any problems, comments or feedback, please visit PixelMags support or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org,or call us: USA +1 (310) 359 8709 UK +44 (0)208 196 9503.
Just crashes for me
- Category: News
- Updated: 20 October 2013
- Version: 3.1.4
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Japanese, Russian
- Developer: pixelmags llc
- © Pixel Mags Inc & The Nation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Nation Magazine£1.49
- The Nation Magazine£13.49
- The Nation Magazine£7.99
- The Nation: 12 Month Subscription£13.49
- The Nation: 6 Month Subscription£7.99
- The Nation: 1 Month Subscription£1.49
- The Nation: Sept 17, 2012, by PixelMags£0.79
- The Nation: Nov 19, 2012, by PixelMags£0.79
- The Nation: Jul 2, 2012, by PixelMags£0.79
- The Nation: Dec 24, 2012, by PixelMags£0.79