National Geographic Magazine-International
By National Geographic Society
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
**PLEASE NOTE, the National Geographic digital edition will no longer be available for iPhone 4 devices as of the January 2017 issue. If this impacts access to your digital subscription and you cannot or do not wish to access your subscription via another Apple device, you can request a refund for the remainder of your subscription by contacting Apple Support via the following link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
**If you purchased a subscription directly through National Geographic, please contact magazine customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $29.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $2.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $5.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
* Actual charges might be converted to local currency depending on your country of residence.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
General bug fixes and optimizations for iOS10
Very poor customer service to address major issue
I have just had the same experience as the reviewer below. I bought a subscription and can access the newest edition but cannot access older digital issues. The NG website clearly states that I should be able to do this but there appears to be no way of doing this in the app. Customer support treated me like some sort of idiot and reckoned that this is an Apple issue as the subscription was bought via iTunes. Apple support had no idea and reckoned it was only something NG could remedy. Catch22! I'm not sure either party even understood me. I suggest they buy a subscription and try it themselves! For goodness sake people don't you test this stuff?! I have now paid for a service I'm not receiving and nobody seems either willing or capable of helping. My advice to anyone thinking about subscribing is simply 'don't bother'...
Ridiculous problems setting up
I subscribed to this via an offer through the Times and the Sunday Times. I followed all the instructions in terms of logging in and setting up my account. For some reason, however, I was able unable to login to the app. I wrote an email to customer services - it bounced. I spoke to someone at customer services who told me they had sorted out the problem and would send me an email with a link to access my account. The email never arrived. I tried setting up again. It didn't work. It is now been a week, and I still have no access to this app. This could hardly be a worse advert for taking up a digital subscription to this service.
In all honesty this app is excellent. It's great on iPad, very immersive, and full of rich content. Most people seem to have account related problems which in the past I have also had with NG - things not linking up etc, but the app works a treat. It would help if it remembered where I was when scrolling through a particular article, it remembers the page but not the place within it. Other than that I think it's ace!
- Category: News
- Updated: 15 September 2016
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 29.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Partners
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine£2.29
- National Geographic magazine£22.99
- April 2012 Issue£5.99
- April 2011 Issue£5.99
- November 2011 Issue£5.99
- National Geographic Magazine January 2013£5.99
- National Geographic Magazine October 2013£5.99
- January 2012 Issue£5.99
- October 2011 Issue£5.99
- May 2011 Issue£5.99