National Geographic Magazine-International
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ranked best among newsstand apps for 2012 by Apple. National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $29.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $2.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $5.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
* Actual charges might be converted to local currency depending on your country of residence.
What's New in Version 2.4.9
Fixes issue with streaming video when iPhone is rotated from portrait to landscape (iOS8)
Minor bug fixes (mostly for iOS8 users)
Amazing App if your lucky enough for it to work
App was working fine, I downloaded an update to fix the January 2015 issue (which already worked for me), only for me to be unable to view the issue afterwords. I deleted an reinstalled the app and now I am unable to restore any of my issues dating back to 2011. Have been contacting tech support for several weeks, and have now been transferred to the Hong Kong department?? Very frustrating, I want my issues back!
No sample content and no way to preview issues before purchase
I wanted to like this, but was very surprised to find there is no sample content at all - not even one article.
This makes it impossible to evaluate the reading experience before buying an issue - which is especially important when using a smaller screen, in my opinion.
There's also no way to view the tables of contents of issues before buying. NG support told me to look up the paper issues to find out what they contain. It's not a smooth user experience to have to leave the app in order to get the details of an in-app purchase.
I'd happily try this app again and give a higher rating, if I could only test drive it properly!
Good articles bad design
The articles are not separated into pages so if you come out of the app without finishing an article it takes you to the top of the article again and you loose your place. Very very annoying! Please fix otherwise just too frustrating to read!
- Category: News
- Updated: 28 October 2014
- Version: 2.4.9
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine£2.29
- National Geographic magazine£22.99
- April 2012 Issue£4.49
- November 2011 Issue£4.49
- National Geographic Magazine January 2013£4.49
- National Geographic Magazine October 2013£4.49
- January 2012 Issue£4.49
- December 2011 Issue£4.49
- April 2011 Issue£4.49
- June 2012 Issue£4.49