National Geographic Magazine-International
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**PLEASE NOTE, the National Geographic digital edition will no longer be available for iPhone 4 devices as of the January 2017 issue. If this impacts access to your digital subscription and you cannot or do not wish to access your subscription via another Apple device, you can request a refund for the remainder of your subscription by contacting Apple Support via the following link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
**If you purchased a subscription directly through National Geographic, please contact magazine customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $29.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $2.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $5.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
* Actual charges might be converted to local currency depending on your country of residence.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
General bug fixes and optimizations for iOS10
Very poor customer service to address major issue
I have just had the same experience as the reviewer below. I bought a subscription and can access the newest edition but cannot access older digital issues. The NG website clearly states that I should be able to do this but there appears to be no way of doing this in the app. Customer support treated me like some sort of idiot and reckoned that this is an Apple issue as the subscription was bought via iTunes. Apple support had no idea and reckoned it was only something NG could remedy. Catch22! I'm not sure either party even understood me. I suggest they buy a subscription and try it themselves! For goodness sake people don't you test this stuff?! I have now paid for a service I'm not receiving and nobody seems either willing or capable of helping. My advice to anyone thinking about subscribing is simply 'don't bother'...
Just really poor
I've had this app since August after taking up the offer advertised in the app.
Firstly, even though it states it, you do not have access to the archives. I've contacted NG customer support who after 8 emails still couldn't recognise the issue and blamed Apple!
Issues purchased within the subscription regularly disappear and do not return when I use the restore previous issues function. The one issue I bought from the archive has also vanished.
I would contact their customer service again but I don't have enough patience left in my life for their complete incompetence. I am now pursuing a full refund....wish me luck!!
In all honesty this app is excellent. It's great on iPad, very immersive, and full of rich content. Most people seem to have account related problems which in the past I have also had with NG - things not linking up etc, but the app works a treat. It would help if it remembered where I was when scrolling through a particular article, it remembers the page but not the place within it. Other than that I think it's ace!
- Category: News
- Updated: 15 September 2016
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 29.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Partners
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine£2.29
- National Geographic magazine£22.99
- April 2012 Issue£5.99
- November 2011 Issue£5.99
- National Geographic Magazine January 2013£5.99
- National Geographic Magazine October 2013£5.99
- January 2012 Issue£5.99
- December 2011 Issue£5.99
- April 2011 Issue£5.99
- June 2012 Issue£5.99