National Geographic Magazine-International
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ranked best among newsstand apps for 2012 by Apple. National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $29.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $2.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $5.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
* Actual charges might be converted to local currency depending on your country of residence.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
App icon and branding updates
Useless app. Download progress bars don't work properly, magazine downloads pause and stop randomly and once I've downloaded literally a few back issues, my more recent downloads just "disappear" from my library. What's the point in having a library feature in which case? I have just got this app and wanted to download a number of old issues that I had already paid for with my digital/print subscription (which I have had for over a year) for when I travel abroad and am not in wifi range.
It's so ineffectual I want to cancel my digital subscription completely as it's TOTALLY unusable!
This has to be one of the worst apps out there in terms of UI! Why is the delete button labelled "Archive"? Pressing the "Archive" button deletes the copy of the magazine from the library without warning! Worst of all is the fact that this delete button is the same size and right next to the "View" button. This makes it so easy to accidentally press the delete button, which means you have to download all again! Please fix this - this app is unusable like this and I will have to cancel my subscription next year if this can't be fixed!
Didn't save the place where I have been reading
This app doesn't save the place where I have been reading so every time I reopen the app, I have to scroll down again and again. This is very annoying. Can you please fix this?
- Category: News
- Updated: 27 August 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine£2.29
- National Geographic magazine£22.99
- April 2012 Issue£4.49
- November 2011 Issue£4.49
- National Geographic Magazine January 2013£4.49
- National Geographic Magazine October 2013£4.49
- January 2012 Issue£4.49
- December 2011 Issue£4.49
- April 2011 Issue£4.49
- June 2012 Issue£4.49