Stay on track with the free National Rail Enquiries App, Great Britain’s number one destination for train timetables and travel information. Get live train times and cheap tickets from all the major train line operators.
National Rail Enquiries lets you plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys across the Great Britain train network with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can check timetables, set up travel alerts, find out about disruptions fast, track your train and save your favourite journeys. You can also search for cheap train tickets.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator so you can find the cheapest fares. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train departure home and get relevant live updates from across the network at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions on the line along your route.
• Live Train Times - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station in Great Britain.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress across the network with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get timetable disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• London Underground and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and get the best route planner to the nearest station
• Alert Me - Get notified of your next train, its platform number and any known delays as you approach your departure station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app which syncs with your smartphone. At a glance, learn about any disruption to your travel plans and view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up-to-the-minute updates on your favourite journeys.
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations on lines nearest to you.
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move.
• Receive notifications of any timetable delays to network rail services.
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
National Rail Enquiries gives you live times and all the journey planner information you need about fares so you can buy cheap tickets for all journeys with the major train line operators across Great Britain:
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
Great Western Railway
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Find all the information you need about train fares and times then buy the cheapest tickets fast. Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
Bug fixes and GDPR compliance
Ratings and Reviews
Tech is fun and exiting but...
You have a job, should we say ”a purpose” to get people from a to b on time.
You can blame funding, scheduling and leaves, but the rest of the world is achieving this ”purpose” with much older system and similar restraints.
So before you embarrass yourselves any more. Pretty please with cherries on top make the trains run on time, then and only then think about app technology. You see you've been in the train business for a long time, and you are, for want of a better word...s@#t at it, in fact globally renowned for being s@#t at it.
So what makes you think that overnight you can turn your hand to apps especially when for a measly (4.99 you can stop the adverts)we have a clear understanding of its purpose, which is not to offer a service, which is clear from the UX, you may or may not understand this reference but this is ”the homer” of apps, I don't blame the agency, because if you had any sense you'd have let them get on with it. I do blame them for helping you waste money.
Terrible performance issues
When the app was launched, I thought at last there will be a single source of truth app where I can find all train info...downloaded it and found a feature which allows you to set an alert for any disruptions to your journey. Well...this is absolutely great feature if it’s working...and it doesn’t in this app. I get random notifications of ghost alerts that probably are stuck in the system which is soooo annoying! So pointless app without working features that are actually helpful and they are easy to fix. No regular updates to this app shows how much attention to the bugs are paid by the IT team.
Needs iPhone X Support!!!!
It’s a really good app, but it needs iPhone X support, I’ve had the iPhone X for a couple of months now and this is one of only a couple of apps that don’t have X support yet. Get with the times!!!
Just updated to the new update and still no iPhone X Support this used to be one of the apps I used most but because of how it is on my iPhone X I hardly use it when I travel I just use which ever train company I’m traveling with because their apps have iPhone X Support.
- Train Information Services Limited
- 32.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Train Information Services Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.