National Rail Enquiries: Train journey planner
By National Rail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay on track with the free National Rail Enquiries App, Great Britain’s number one destination for train timetables and travel information. Get live train times and cheap tickets from all the major train line operators.
National Rail Enquiries lets you plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys across the Great Britain train network with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can check timetables, set up travel alerts, find out about disruptions fast, track your train and save your favourite journeys. You can also search for cheap train tickets.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator so you can find the cheapest fares. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train departure home and get relevant live updates from across the network at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions on the line along your route.
• Live Train Times - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station in Great Britain.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress across the network with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get timetable disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• London Underground and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and get the best route planner to the nearest station
• Alert Me - Get notified of your next train, its platform number and any known delays as you approach your departure station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app which syncs with your smartphone. At a glance, learn about any disruption to your travel plans and view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up-to-the-minute updates on your favourite journeys.
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations on lines nearest to you.
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move.
• Receive notifications of any timetable delays to network rail services.
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
National Rail Enquiries gives you live times and all the journey planner information you need about fares so you can buy cheap tickets for all journeys with the major train line operators across Great Britain:
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
Great Western Railway
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Find all the information you need about train fares and times then buy the cheapest tickets fast. Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
What's New in Version 9.1.1
The previous release (9.1) had an issue when upgrading. This is an urgent bug fix to resolve this. If you have already installed 9.1 please upgrade to this version. If you are still facing an issue you can uninstall the app and re-install from the app store.
We apologise for the inconvenience, mistakes sometimes happen.
Unable to purchase tickets through the app.
Although this app is the only one of three I have tested on both iPad and iPhone that truly returns the best value tickets available using Journey Finder (e.g. Greater Anglia Duo in Advance), when attempting to complete the purchase with 'Buy Now' the app erroneously informs that "..at least one passenger must be selected" even though two adults were obviously selected in order to offer the 'Duo' ticket option in the first place - shame really, as the full site accessed via a browser on a desktop is brilliant.
I use this everyday to get into London and check my train and would recommend. I like the new feature of it letting you know your next trains when you're near the station, however I live about 3 min walk from mine, so I get a notification every 20 minutes. If they could change the range to 15/20m would be great but unfortunately I can't give 5* for this reason.
This app is so bad!!! The layout of the app looks as if it was designed in 2005 and this app has adverts! WHATTT. Don't even get me started on the price of the tickets for example at my local stop the tickets used to cost £2.40 for a child return about that anyways what I thought was great. But now they cost £3.65 what is going on and that's for a child. Due to the poorly designed app I use the train app the good well designed app but that doesn't make the prices go down as they still remain £3.65 for a child. Discussing
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 07 June 2017
- Version: 9.1.1
- Size: 34.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Train Information Services Limited
- © Train Information Services Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version£4.99