Stay on track with the free National Rail Enquiries App, Great Britain’s number one destination for train timetables and travel information. Get live train times and cheap tickets from all the major train line operators.
National Rail Enquiries lets you plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys across the Great Britain train network with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can check timetables, set up travel alerts, find out about disruptions fast, track your train and save your favourite journeys. You can also search for cheap train tickets.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator so you can find the cheapest fares. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train departure home and get relevant live updates from across the network at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions on the line along your route.
• Live Train Times - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station in Great Britain.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress across the network with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get timetable disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• London Underground and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and get the best route planner to the nearest station
• Alert Me - Get notified of your next train, its platform number and any known delays as you approach your departure station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app which syncs with your smartphone. At a glance, learn about any disruption to your travel plans and view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up-to-the-minute updates on your favourite journeys.
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations on lines nearest to you.
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move.
• Receive notifications of any timetable delays to network rail services.
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
National Rail Enquiries gives you live times and all the journey planner information you need about fares so you can buy cheap tickets for all journeys with the major train line operators across Great Britain:
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
Great Western Railway
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Find all the information you need about train fares and times then buy the cheapest tickets fast. Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
Bug fixes and GDPR compliance
Ratings and Reviews
This is one of the most dreadful apps I have ever used the layout is unclear payment tabs are virtually hidden nothing here is remotely unintuitive. In addition to a highly user unfriendly layout the underbelly of operation is equally bad. There is no Paypal option required a convoluted and frustrating entry into the horror story of my account after many attempts to even teach the log in page. Credit card details have to be repeatedly entered and saved in several places again and again you buy one ticket with the card then go thorough the ire inspiring process yet again to buy a second ticket (why can’t you buy two at once I ask myself?) and it telly you the card you just used is now suddenly invalid. This app needs completely junking with a fully functioning replacement which is easy to use, clear and offers fast payment using PayPal. It is a miracle I actually managed to buy any tickets with it today it is a challenge I will not rise to again - too slow, too laborious, too much hassle. I do not recommend it.
Tech is fun and exiting but...
You have a job, should we say ”a purpose” to get people from a to b on time.
You can blame funding, scheduling and leaves, but the rest of the world is achieving this ”purpose” with much older system and similar restraints.
So before you embarrass yourselves any more. Pretty please with cherries on top make the trains run on time, then and only then think about app technology. You see you've been in the train business for a long time, and you are, for want of a better word...s@#t at it, in fact globally renowned for being s@#t at it.
So what makes you think that overnight you can turn your hand to apps especially when for a measly (4.99 you can stop the adverts)we have a clear understanding of its purpose, which is not to offer a service, which is clear from the UX, you may or may not understand this reference but this is ”the homer” of apps, I don't blame the agency, because if you had any sense you'd have let them get on with it. I do blame them for helping you waste money.
Still stuck in the noughties- No offline mode!!
Load up a journey and want to keep it there for reference- no chance. After quite a short while this app cleverly deletes the information - so if you’re somewhere like on a tube train where there is no WiFi or 4g guess what?: You can’t check your train times and the app is as good as useless - genius!
National Rail: These days (2018) many apps have an offline mode these days. This is because developers have realised that even today, not every cubic centimetre of your country or city has a healthy mobile or WiFi signal. There are still places where you can’t go online (such as on a tube train It takes very little memory to store information like train times on a phone so you can access it offline - very little. Please move with the times and sort out this schoolboy oversight!!
- Train Information Services Limited
- 32.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Train Information Services Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.