National Rail Enquiries: Train journey planner
By National Rail
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stay on track with the free National Rail Enquiries App, Great Britain’s number one destination for train timetables and travel information. Get live train times and cheap tickets from all the major train line operators.
National Rail Enquiries lets you plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys across the Great Britain train network with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can check timetables, set up travel alerts, find out about disruptions fast, track your train and save your favourite journeys. You can also search for cheap train tickets.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator so you can find the cheapest fares. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train departure home and get relevant live updates from across the network at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions on the line along your route.
• Live Train Times - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station in Great Britain.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress across the network with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get timetable disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• London Underground and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and get the best route planner to the nearest station
• Alert Me - Get notified of your next train, its platform number and any known delays as you approach your departure station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app which syncs with your smartphone. At a glance, learn about any disruption to your travel plans and view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up-to-the-minute updates on your favourite journeys.
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations on lines nearest to you.
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move.
• Receive notifications of any timetable delays to network rail services.
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
National Rail Enquiries gives you live times and all the journey planner information you need about fares so you can buy cheap tickets for all journeys with the major train line operators across Great Britain:
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
Great Western Railway
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Find all the information you need about train fares and times then buy the cheapest tickets fast. Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
What's New in Version 9.2
National Rail Enquiries
I'm beginning to wonder if the rail companies are having a competition as to who can produce the most useless app. I've loaded and then deleted all of them in despair over the last couple of weeks. I've given this app two stars, one more than Virgin and Trainline. They've all had recent updates that have taken them back to the dark ages. I did eventually find what I wanted on this app but it would have been quicker to walk to the station, stand in line for 10 minutes and maybe have a coffee on the way back, which defeats the purpose really.
My everyday helper
I don’t usually write reviews for apps but seeing some of the feedback this one has received has made me take action. I use this app everyday, it helps me understand whether my daily train to and from work are running on time, it is far more reliable than any of the train operators info. Gladly recommend it to any commuter.
Less pop up ads please
Dear Train companies.
It is bad enough when your trains are cancelled delayed and moved so frequently for your regular commuters. Please don’t make it worse by having your applications open up the App Store. This is an unwanted intrusion when I’m desperately trying to find an alternative train on a platform because one is cancelled.
We pay enough to stand in an overcrowded box every day and this app sells tickets so rendering the app useless via pop open advertising smacks of greed and insensitivity.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 17 August 2017
- Version: 9.2
- Size: 35.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Train Information Services Limited
- © Train Information Services Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version£4.99