National Rail Enquiries
By National Rail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay on track with the National Rail Travel App, the UK’s number one destination for train travel.
Plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can set up travel alerts, track your train, save your favourite journeys and buy tickets anytime anywhere.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train home and get relevant live updates at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions along your route.
• Live Trains - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• Tube and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and we will give you the best route to the nearest station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app, which syncs with your smartphone and allows you to view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up to the minute updates on your favourite journeys
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations nearest to you
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move
• Get notifications of any delays to rail services
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
Buy tickets for all UK journeys with the below operators:
Abellio Greater Anglia
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
First Great Western
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
What's New in Version 8.6.1
Bug fixes, new stations and new Train Company names
We must be the laughing stock of Europe. This app tells you the route from shadwell to st Margaret's involves a change at Clapham junction but there is a conspiracy to stop you finding out which platform at Clapham. I need to know this information to be able to make the change and without it what is the value of the app?
With so many platforms to choose from this is no joke. Luckily I was early at Clapham so had time to stroll the full length of the bridge between the 18 platforms. And guess what I found a useful sign near the entrance saying st Margaret trains go from platforms 5/6. If we can have a laminated sign giving this information surely the app could say usually platforms X or Y! My ideal would be to give the actual platform number but in the absence of that information knowing the usual situation would be a good starting point!!
I've never left a poor review of an app before, but this is so outstandingly terrible I don't know where to begin. It feels as if it were designed by a partly-blinded teenager on a 1990s programming course. The experience is further traumatised by the ads which not only make the UI more confusing but makes me angry every time I open it. I already spend plenty enough on train tickets that the thought of them making more money out my suffering in having to use this excuse of software makes me feel... arghhhhhh.
There was a rather lovely clean National Rail app in years gone by which seems to have been taken down. I'd much rather go back to that.
This app has been great until the last update, the live train section is really bad, I don't need to know where the trains are from, just if there on line from my local station, why oh why do I need to know where they've been. It gives you a place name and time, you click on it because it looks like the train you need but it turns out the train is coming from rather then to the destination, there is no way off changing this!!!!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 05 April 2016
- Version: 8.6.1
- Size: 19.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Train Information Services Limited
- © Train Information Services Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version£4.99