National Rail Enquiries
By National Rail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay on track with the National Rail Travel App, the UK’s number one destination for train travel.
Plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can set up travel alerts, track your train, save your favourite journeys and buy tickets anytime anywhere.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train home and get relevant live updates at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions along your route.
• Live Trains - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• Tube and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and we will give you the best route to the nearest station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app, which syncs with your smartphone and allows you to view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up to the minute updates on your favourite journeys
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations nearest to you
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move
• Get notifications of any delays to rail services
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
Buy tickets for all UK journeys with the below operators:
Abellio Greater Anglia
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
First Great Western
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
What's New in Version 8.11.1
General stability improvements.
Please note that continued app upgrades for iOS 6 & iOS 7 devices will be discontinued later this year.
Please email your feedback to email@example.com
Useful but neglected
This app is very useful but needs some love from the development team.
Recently, the startup time has been approaching 10 seconds, which is terrible. I'm on an iPhone SE which outperforms most iPhones so I hate to think how slow it is on older devices.
The UI has not been updated in at least 4 years. No support for conventional gestures like swipe to go back. Occasionally crashes when viewing disrupted trains. Alert system needs to be re-thought in a commuter mindset as it's not helpful.
Very good app, extremely helpful and is constantly updated on if a train is on time, late or cancelled. A bit slow on start up but only by a couple of seconds which was no bother to me. Also, would recommend using the alerts as they were very helpful too instead of having to flick through all the trains each time.
Number of carriages
Please can you add the number of carriages to the app as this is what causes more delays than anything else... today via my route all trains express & stoppers normally have 4+ carriages but turned up with only 2 which I was unable to get on so had to drive in the end... if I had known the number of carriages I could of left earlier an not been late for appointment.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 28 September 2016
- Version: 8.11.1
- Size: 29.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Train Information Services Limited
- © Train Information Services Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version£4.99