By The National Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore more than 550 special places protected by the National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This app is your guide to memorable days out at historic houses and buildings, archaeological sites and monuments, and stunning coast and countryside. It also shows you events happening throughout the year, so there’s always something new to discover. Download the app now and start planning your next visit.
• Find special places: See what’s around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• See what’s on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What’s On section to find what’s happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
• Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
• Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you’ve been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
• Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they’re missing!) via social media, email or text message.
What's New in Version 3.9.10
Please update to the latest version, as the previous version of our app will stop updating from 26th October. This update also includes performance upgrades to fix minor crashes experienced by some users.
Scrolling and location service issue
Update review for v 3.9.10
At last the slow jittery scrolling issues, latency, and location service retention sorted out!!
A brilliant app.!!!
Update review for v 3.4
A really useful app. compromised by the Jittery scrolling and latency issues which still which manifest themselves on my iPhone 4, but to a much lesser extent since some re-working.
Still needs work to completely nail this irritating problem.
Update v 3.1.4
Scrolling issue better but not perfect.
GPS/location service issue seems to be corrected on this version.
Sadly neither the 'juddering' (jerky scrolling) issue nor the GPS (when location service enabled for this app.) have worked on this update on my iPhone 4.
Someone mentioned in review battery drain issues with the app. See my original review for details of possible 'GPS receiver left running on app. exit' issues.
Sadly, poor show NT.
Potentially great app.
However, juddering while scrolling on my iphone makes it feel like a web site on a very slow connection. Some very basic programming issue here.
Also, the app's call to the 'location services' on my iPhone ( shows 'north east arrow' symbol on top line info. bar) seems to leave the GPS service active even when properly closing down the app. (rather than just exiting the app., which leaves it running in the background). I would think that would leave the GPS system hanging and active, which is another call on battery power, unless the app. is just leaving the symbol active? Either way, sloppy programming.
Only way around this is to disable the app's location service attribute in the general 'Privacy' settings.
All in all, great idea, but a bit disappointing on the execution.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 12 October 2016
- Version: 3.9.10
- Size: 110 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.