By The National Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore more than 550 special places protected by the National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This app is your guide to memorable days out at historic houses and buildings, archaeological sites and monuments, and stunning coast and countryside. It also shows you events happening throughout the year, so there’s always something new to discover. Download the app now and start planning your next visit.
• Find special places: See what’s around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• See what’s on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What’s On section to find what’s happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
• Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
• Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you’ve been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
• Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they’re missing!) via social media, email or text message.
What's New in Version 3.9.10
Please update to the latest version, as the previous version of our app will stop updating from 26th October. This update also includes performance upgrades to fix minor crashes experienced by some users.
Just use the website
So many problems with this app. List for places I want to visit or have visited are constantly wiped making them useless. Most places don't have enough information for your visit such as opening times and they direct you to the website. It needs more search filters to make finding things if interest easier and loading is a very slow process which sometimes results in crashes (even on my brand new phone). Overall I wouldn't bother with the app and just use the website instead.
Useless, lacks basic information
Waste of space, the app doesn't have basic information like detailed opening times, and doesnt even have links to the properties individual web sites to find them out. Doesnt let you search by useful criteria such as whether the proprty has a restaurant, or even whether its fully open in winter. This could be so much better but its a waste of time. Better to search the web.
Doesn't Replace The Website
Trying to plan a day out and the app shows 'please contact property' against opening times.
Go onto the relevant page on the internet and the information is all there. Why is it the website can show the times but the app can't?
If you can't trust the app to have the correct information then it is rather pointless!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 12 October 2016
- Version: 3.9.10
- Size: 110 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.