By The National Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore more than 550 special places protected by the National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This app is your guide to memorable days out at historic houses and buildings, archaeological sites and monuments, and stunning coast and countryside. It also shows you events happening throughout the year, so there’s always something new to discover. Download the app now and start planning your next visit.
• Find special places: See what’s around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• See what’s on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What’s On section to find what’s happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
• Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
• Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you’ve been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
• Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they’re missing!) via social media, email or text message.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
The National Trust app has been completely redesigned
- All-new look, with an improved layout and design optimised for iPhone and iPad
- More than 550 properties to visit, including more coast and countryside locations
- Larger, high-resolution photos. Get inspiration for your next visit.
- My Places: keep a wish list of places to visit and save the favourite places you've been
Simple, beautiful and easy to use
I’ve been a NT member for years and used the previous version of the mobile app regularly. This complete overhaul of the app is a massive improvement on what’s gone before. It’s easy to find properties to visit near to your location - either on a map or in a list which is sorted by how near they are to you. The property information is clear with pictures which help give a flavour of what your visit could hold. It’s easy to find your way around and use. All in all it does the National Trust proud!
The only thing I’d like to see in the future is the ability to log in as a member to manage my details, save places I’ve visited etc.
Poor slow unintuitive
By default this app seems to always be tracking location, leading to unexpected battery usage hours after using it. It insists on telling you what is near you before it will let you try to use it for what YOU want to find. If you are on a poor data signal it won't load at all. I most often want to know what is near where I am going but have to wait for it to list all the places near where I am first. The map and A to Z searches are gone or hidden. All in all its another of the endless examples of apps where the organisation/developer tries to second guess the user, rather than supply
flexible solutions simply organised. I have no need of a "beautiful" app, I want a useful one.
Superb iPad experience
The title says it all. The previous NT app was pretty clunky & poor. This is everything you could hope for. Easy to use, easy on the eye, smooth in operation & far more informative. It is a real joy to use.
Ignore the whiners who all seem to be going on about the iPhone 6/6+ resolution. The app is beautiful on retina screens. Its lovely on my 64gb iPad Air 2 - the Apple flagship device.
Good job NT & great work from their developers.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 06 July 2015
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 89.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.