By The National Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore more than 550 special places protected by the National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This app is your guide to memorable days out at historic houses and buildings, archaeological sites and monuments, and stunning coast and countryside. It also shows you events happening throughout the year, so there’s always something new to discover. Download the app now and start planning your next visit.
• Find special places: See what’s around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• See what’s on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What’s On section to find what’s happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
• Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
• Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you’ve been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
• Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they’re missing!) via social media, email or text message.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
In this update and following your feedback, we’ve made the map easier to find from the front page of the app. We’ve also resolved some issues with the app crashing, fixed some minor bugs and generally improved the performance of the app.
We've also made some other changes which should improve your experience of the app:
• Updated layout for simplified navigation, including copy changes.
• Notifications will only be sent if the user stays near a National Trust property for more than 5 minutes.
• Searching for a National Trust place is now easier, just type in the first letter of the name to bring up suggestions.
• Searching for locations with hyphens will now work, i.e. Stratford-upon-Avon.
Please take a moment to rate this version of the app, and leave us feedback. We can't reply to app reviews but we'd love to hear from you, so please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Well supported essential app
The national trust do a good job of supporting this app and keeping it updated with the latest iOS. It's not perfect but it is getting better all the time as they listen to feedback, bug fix regularly and keep property information up to date. For anyone visiting the UK or for national trust members this makes it an essential app for getting the most out of a holiday, visit or family time.
National Trust GPS concern
The app functions OK and is useful when touring. A recent issue I have found is my iPhone GPS left switched on with no apps running. By a process of elimination found this to be the culprit. Recommend therefore you set location services to "while using". In my view this should be the default setting for all apps.
Great looking app, works well ... However where are the places available to see/visit in Scotland on the list/map !?
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 19 October 2015
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 88.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.