By The National Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore more than 550 special places protected by the National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This app is your guide to memorable days out at historic houses and buildings, archaeological sites and monuments, and stunning coast and countryside. It also shows you events happening throughout the year, so there’s always something new to discover. Download the app now and start planning your next visit.
• Find special places: See what’s around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• See what’s on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What’s On section to find what’s happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
• Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
• Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you’ve been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
• Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they’re missing!) via social media, email or text message.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
All 575 places are now shown on the map – even when your location is not shared.
No use to me
Took ages to download this app and after 10 minutes of using it I deleted it. As somone else complained why are you only showing places within 30 miles of my location? Why is there no way of changing this somewhere in the app to a distance I'm happy to travel? I joined the National Trust for days out so I'm happy to drive further afield than 30 miles. As I already know there isn't much near me it wasn't really any use to me as I had to change the location to find things further afield. Also everything was very slow.
I don't no why some people say this app is no good. If you just keep scrolling down you see a bigger range and as you scroll down it will let you bring up a map of the the sites in the UK so you can see everything there have to offer
I ve used the old app for some years...it was not a fantastic app, but it did the job. National Trust have now up dated the app. In my opinion it is nothing short of useless, being very slow it only shows places to visit in your area...chances are you have already visited them! It is difficult to use......what's the point? No one ever changes an app because of a review. If you have time try it.....I think it's lacking see what you think!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 13 August 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 89.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.