By The National Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore more than 550 special places protected by the National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This app is your guide to memorable days out at historic houses and buildings, archaeological sites and monuments, and stunning coast and countryside. It also shows you events happening throughout the year, so there’s always something new to discover. Download the app now and start planning your next visit.
• Find special places: See what’s around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• See what’s on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What’s On section to find what’s happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
• Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
• Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you’ve been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
• Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they’re missing!) via social media, email or text message.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Minor bug fixes and updated data shipped with the app.
Despite the complete revision this app remains no substitute for the handbook as the information is incomplete. I looked for opening times and whether the cafe was open at Saltram today. Simple information but not available on the app. It was lucky that the new handbook had arrived yesterday.
Additionally app has driven me mad with its cogwheel juddering movements and it took me four goes to get it to put dates in my iPad calendar.
In this case I am unwillingly forced to agree with my wife and say that books are indeed better. The Trust's money is being squandered so far on this project.
From experience and observation of other charity and government computer projects the problem is always communication between customer management and software engineers. Neither side owns the project well enough to learn the other's business sufficiently to talk meaningfully to the other.
Its not often one comes across an app that is really useful, but this fits the bill. Well done NT, however, with the resources the NT must have available. It could be a bit slicker but has got better with the last update. Works on my iPhone and iPad which makes checking out new properties to visit very enjoyable.
So much info, so hard to find
I just want to find properties open tomorrow. Not events, just open (it's December!). All the info is there, but I really don't want to have to click through to each property in turn, especially now this version is so slow. Please, add some of the obvious filters, and improve the performance
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 18 December 2015
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 91.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.