By The National Trust
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore more than 550 special places protected by the National Trust throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This app is your guide to memorable days out at historic houses and buildings, archaeological sites and monuments, and stunning coast and countryside. It also shows you events happening throughout the year, so there’s always something new to discover. Download the app now and start planning your next visit.
• Find special places: See what’s around you, or search for remarkable heritage and natural wonders across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
• See what’s on: Our places host a range of events throughout the year, many for no extra charge. Use the What’s On section to find what’s happening – from educational talks and tours, to art, theatre and live music.
• Offline mode: Everything you need to plan a visit is available offline, so you can use the app in our most remote locations.
• Save your favourite places: Keep a record of the places you’ve been to, and make a wishlist for the places you want to go.
• Invite your friends: Easily share the places you want to visit (or show your friends what they’re missing!) via social media, email or text message.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
All 575 places are now shown on the map – even when your location is not shared.
What's all the fuss
I downloaded this app after reading all the reviews and I can't understand why people don't like it. The main criticism centres around the apps inability to search locations outside a 30 mile radius. Well I didn't experience that issue. When the app opens you are invited to enter a town or postcode. You are then given a list of locations around your search criteria. Tap on the preferred location and hey presto a further list of NT property within 50 miles are shown. Properties in London were displayed when I entered Ashford in Kent and Manchester displayed Lake District venues. If you wish to search outside the 50 miles just re-enter a new location. A great app to have on your phone/ tablet. Well done NT.
Having read other recent negative reviews, I was a bit dubious about downloading this, but it is user error. I think it is a brilliant App. I am in London and I can search nearest places. I can also search Cornwall. I can set up a shortlist of places in UK I would like to visit, I can even create a list of places I have visited. I can access Maps to places. Events on at places. Costs of events. Parking info. Cafe/picnic etc info. Access info. Dogs info. It is all there. Cannot fault it.
Oh dear !
Well I used to use this app quite a bit, it was easy to use and I could easily check what was where. Now it's turned into one unholy mess, requiring a location. That's fine if you want to look where you are but a bit of a pain if you're not quite sure what to visit and you're planning holiday visits. The map view has vanished seemingly replaced by this horrid scrolling distance locator. Some may indeed prefer that but please can we have the map back, I find it's much more useful, road layouts can be viewed as well as estimates of travel time and where to visit en-route. Is there a way of reverting the version ?
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 13 August 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 89.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.