By Nature Publishing Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Beautifully re-imagined for the iPad and iPhone NatureJournals gives you offline access to Nature, the Nature Research Journals and Nature Review Journals, as well as daily science news and commentary on trends affecting science, scientists and the wider public.
Full feature list:
- download the latest edition for offline reading
- download the PDF
- article metrics
- fullscreen figure viewer
- free access to Nature News and Open Access content including Scientific Reports
The NatureJournals app supports iOS 6+
Already a journal subscriber? Access to journal content on the app is included with your personal subscription. Log-in with your nature.com account to validate your access.
Not a subscriber? Preview versions of all journal issues are available, including article abstracts, and you can upgrade to subscriber level access from within the app.
• 7-day access (auto-renewable) for 1.99 USD
• 30-day access (auto-renewable) for 4.99 USD
• Annual subscriptions (auto-renewable) for 35.99 USD – special introductory rate!
Nature Biotechnology, Nature Cell Biology, Nature Chemistry, Nature Climate Change, Nature Communications, Nature Genetics, Nature Immunology, Nature Materials, Nature Medicine, Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Neuroscience, Nature Physics, Nature Reviews Cancer, Nature Reviews Genetics, Nature Reviews Immunology, Nature Reviews Microbiology, Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, Nature Reviews Neuroscience and Nature Structural & Molecular Biology:
• 30-day access (auto-renewable) for 4.99 USD
• Annual subscriptions (auto-renewable) for 35.99 USD
About Nature Publishing Group
Nature Publishing Group is a publisher of high impact scientific and medical information in print and online. NPG publishes journals, online databases and services across the life, physical, chemical and applied sciences and clinical medicine.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Terms and Conditions: http://www.nature.com/info/tandc.html
What's New in Version 2.8.1
Minor bug fixes
I am so frustrated with the iPhone apps from the major scientific journals. I recently thought of giving up on Nature for good, and moving to Science, but the apps are no better.
Nature does, at least, have an iPad app that allows you to download content and read it in the same structure as in the physical journal. In the iPhone app, in contrast, content is not downloaded for offline reading, the stories and research pieces are in no particular order, and not all of the content of the physical magazine is there (e.g. a lot of the "research highlights" seem to be missing.
Look, perhaps I am totally eccentric, but all I want to do is 1) subscribe to Nature, 2) download this week's issue, 3) read it. That is how magazine and newspaper apps almost universally work. So why has Nature produced this useless app? Have they got no idea what the rest of the world is doing? Do they imagine that all readers want to do on an app is look at a subset of articles, or search for articles that they have already read? It is bizarre, and so, so frustrating.
Can no longer access content
I'm suddenly no longer able to access any content on the app despite having a current subscription; clearly something is wrong with their back-end services, but how dumb does a developer have to be to simply delete all offline content if a user logs out of the app? Now even the issues that l'd previously downloaded are no longer available!
Am I the only one who can't seem to login using a institutional login?! Very frustrating as I can barely get much use out of this app at all without being able to log in. Please add login for institutions.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: 15 October 2014
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nature America Inc
- © Nature Publishing Group, a Division of Macmillan Publishers Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mobile subscription to Nature£3.99
- Mobile subscription to Nature£1.49
- Mobile subscription to Nature Medicine£3.99
- Mobile subscription to Nature Climate Change£3.99
- Mobile Subscription to Nature Reviews Genetics£3.99
- Mobile subscription to Nature Chemistry£3.99
- Mobile Subscription to Nature Physics£3.99
- Mobile subscription to Nature Chemical Biology£3.99
- Mobile subscription to Nature Geoscience£3.99
- Mobile Subscription to Nature Reviews Cancer£3.99