Walking through nature, you can enhance your enjoyment of what you see and by being able to identify your observations quickly. Discover the different characteristics of hundreds of species and view multiple photographs to compare what you have just seen.
- Over 800 animals of Europe with 4000+ high-quality photos.
- Photos and a short description of every animal.
- Categorised by birds, butterflies, reptiles and amphibians, mammals and bugs.
- Further search criteria specific to each category.
- Easy viewing of look-alikes and allied species
- One year free uploads of new and updated information from our website
- Pre-load photos into your device so you can use the app without internet access and improve the speed.
- Add personal notes to tag specific entries.
- Watch all photos full screen, get access to best resolution directly from our server.
- Layout design for smartphone use, the device you always have to hand.
- You can select language English and Dutch.
- Animal names now in German, French, and Italian as well.
- In reptiles/amphibian, mammal and birds category we have a location filter, to see only animals in a particular area. In the details screen, you will see where these animals live.
- Acces to our Content Delivery Network (CDN) to enhance user experience.
- So, what creatures are in the app? All European animals of this App are in our web application at www.nature-guide.info
What you need to do:
After the purchase of the App, you need to get the photos on your device. The pictures take less than 500Mb (0.5Gb), and you need this amount of free memory on your phone. Afterwards, you can regularly check (in the App) if new animals or photos are available.
- Latest dBase is added and several bugs are fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Cant believe I paid for this app. Takes an age for it to load between pages, looks basic, operates basic and is very minimal. It is not much use as an animal guide. Worst app I've downloaded to date.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear you are disappointed. Please note that by preloading photos the app should be fast and responsive.
- Erik Severiens
- 25.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright (c) 2018 Nature-Guide
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.