By National Westminster Bank plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the NatWest Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Login to the app with your fingerprint registered under Touch ID if you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user*
*If your iPhone is jailbroken, you will be unable to login using Touch ID. However, you can continue to use the app by logging in with your app passcode.
• Make one off payments up to £250 to any UK account using a sort code and account number
• Pay Your Contacts
• Get Cash from your account at any NatWest, RBS or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card
• Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• View direct debits and Standing orders that you have set up
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone who is registered for Paym using their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who is not registered for Paym but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
How to Register
To use the NatWest Mobile Banking app, you need to have a NatWest personal current account and Online Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Online Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got an Online Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Online Banking at natwest.com/online
If you have the iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app (or multiple iPhones), we will recognise your mobile number during registration. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ and login using your existing passcode.
If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0012. Calls may be recorded. Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch.
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts'
What's New in Version 4.3.2
• We have launched an app for Apple Watch! Visit the More menu in your iPhone app for further information.
• iPhone customers can now search from a list of approved utility and service providers to make bill payments.
Yes to Apple watch
Having accounts with natwest and Barclays the use of mobile banking is more favourable to natwest as you don't have to remember a passcode just Touch ID which saves you time and effort. The display from text and app layout seems a lot clearer and less faffing about linking the bank apps to the apple watch. Barclays tells you to set a highest amount and lowest amount in your account but doesn't tell you your amount which personally seems pointless where as natwest is straight forward and simple as it is displayed for you now faffing about. Also natwest supports Apple pay Barclays doesn't. Why do you think I opened a natwest account in the first place.... Nothing but easy effortless banking through the iPhone and apple watch
Best Banking App I've ever used!
It uses a passcode, or Touch ID which is way way quicker than entering a million different numbers in random combinations like the other mobile banking apps do. It's the easiest app to use, basically you can do nearly everything you'd want to do with online banking really quickly, check transactions, DDs, Standing orders, etc... Pay contacts, see statements, lots of things...
It also now offers the Apple Watch, so I can see my transactions/balance straight from that now, how cool! Lol :)
watch app issue
This app has it all.. Well almost. The fact that this app shows you your up to date balance and transactions, ability to withdraw money(from selected ATM), Apple Pay and it allows you to use Touch ID.... AMAZING!!
However!! I like that we can now use the app on the watch(much appreciated) but the app on the watch don't always reflects your true bank balance. Even tho the watch app says updated, when I launch the iPhone app, I have less than £50 in the bank. Can we please get this fix?!?
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 19 August 2015
- Version: 4.3.2
- Size: 37.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: National Westminster Bank plc
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.