By Monitise Group Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the NatWest Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Get Cash from your account at any NatWest, RBS or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card.
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £25 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone else who has the NatWest or RBS Mobile Banking app using just their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who doesn’t have our app but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
- The eagle-eyed amongst you may have spotted Direct Debits and Standing Orders listed on the second screenshot above. Please note that you won’t see this right now in your app but watch this space as the ability to view them is coming soon!
How to Register
To use the NatWest Mobile Banking app, you need to have a NatWest personal current account with debit card and Online Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Online Banking customer number and login credentials, debit card and your postcode. Your details will be verified within 24 hours and we’ll send you a text message when you’re all set to go.
Not got an Online Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Online Banking at natwest.com/online
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app, we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘RBS Group iPhone app’ on your iPad and log-in using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your iPad app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0012. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
By downloading this application, you are accepting the terms and conditions which can be viewed at natwest.com/mobileterms.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch.
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts'
What's New in Version 3.11.0
Thanks for updating your app.
This time round we have made some significant improvements to the iPad version of this app so you might not notice anything new on your iPhone app.
However, we have made some behind the scenes changes to the iPhone app in preparation for some exciting new features.
If you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user, you can now use your fingerprint registered under Touch ID to login to the app.
Thanks for updating your iPad app.
Based on your feedback, we’ve made a number of changes:
- A new home screen so you can easily navigate around.
- Full account statements, including up to 7 years worth of transactions.
- Interactive graphs so you can better understand your accounts.
- A complete visual makeover of the app.
We know there’s plenty more we can do so keep giving us your feedback. There is a feedback tool on the Logout page.
Prefer previous version
Yes the update to show more transactions within the relevant account is useful, but some basic functionality is now missing. Credit card payment by dates are now missing so it is harder to keep track of your credit card obligations. The menu on the right looks out of focus and generally it doesn't feel as slick as the previous version. Yes there are some graphics but if I was after some visual displays such as that then really you'd be downloading the data from the main website and analysing it through a proper software programme. I found the app useful for keeping on top of my banking on the move, sadly that seems to have dropped down the priority list with these so called improvements.
May I request the following please:-
1. When selecting a date range out side the three months default, please can the graph display follow those dates...
2. Please can I re-arrange the accounts, as the default layout which covers my wife's and my accounts are in the wrong order for ease of viewing.
3. Is there anyway the app can display portrait, for basic information and landscape for the complete picture as it makes the iPad unwealdly to use, when going between this app, other apps and the home screen....
Apart from that, the app is so different on iPad now it could be a different bank......(tut tut what a thought).
The addition of TouchID is hugely helpful. However, it would be good if one could specify TouchID for viewing the account, but still have the option of requiring a PIN to effect a transfer.
When making a payment, there needs to be an easier way of finding a payee than scrolling through all the existing saved payees. I dread having to pay anyone with a surname beginning with 'W', since the swiping required is considerable!
It is about time they found a way the app could be used to set up a new payee, without requiring users to dig out the NatWest PIN machine.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 17 February 2015
- Version: 3.11.0
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Monitise International
- © 2004 - 2014 Monitise Group Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.