Winner of the ‘Best Banking App’ at the British Bank Awards for 2017 and 2018, our award winning app is available to download for our Online Banking customers.
What you need to register
• You’ll need to be registered for Online Banking
• Your Customer Number, which is your date of birth followed by four random digits
• Your Online Banking PIN & password, which is what you use to log in online
• When logging in for the first time you’ll be asked to choose a mobile banking PIN, which is what you’ll use in the future
• Log in using Touch ID or Face ID – there’s no need to remember any details when logging in. Available on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
• Personalised greeting – customise how your app greets you when you log in, morning, day or evening.
• Get Cash – visit a cash machine and withdraw up to £130 without your debit card – perfect if you’ve forgotten your wallet.
• Pay someone new without a card reader – all you need is their account number and sort code and you can send up to £250.
• Manage receipts – designed specifically for Business customers, capture images of your receipts and organise them by date or type.
Other important information about our app
• Get Cash allows you to withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at any NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland (in Scotland) or Tesco ATM, as long as it’s within your daily withdrawal limit. You must have at least £10 available in your account.
• Paying someone new without a card reader allows a maximum of five payments totalling £250 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Paying your contacts allows a maximum of 20 payments totalling £250 per day. Pay anyone who has our app or is registered for Paym. You must be aged 16 or over.
• To cancel a Direct Debit from within the app, you have until 8:20pm (UK time) on the day the payment is due. At or after 8:20pm (UK time), the payment due on that day will have been taken and we will not be able to retrieve it.
• To cancel or amend a standing order from within the app you must give at least two working days notice.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking customers only.
• Standard data charges may apply – contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features that our app offers, you will need to accept the following permissions:
• Network communication for connectivity
• Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
• Access to your contacts list to allow you to Pay Your Contacts
• Switch off paper statements for your MasterCard credit card account , you can also view and share your credit card statements as a PDF. Giving you quick, easy access on the go.
• Request to increase or decrease your credit card limit, you can find it in your credit card menu. Giving you more control of your borrowing.
• We've addressed an issue that affected the way Direct Debits are displayed in the app
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you for makers me understand how to online bank.
I would like to thank the nice gentleman in the NatWest bank in Cosham who showed me how to do online banking and get a app . I’m 52 years old don’t do anything much online and have been petrified of thinking my Northend bank in Portsmouth closed down , and now you are closing Anchorage Park Portsmouth by the end of the month, which I really depended on . so after travelling to Cosham I thought I’d investigate in this online banking , thinking to myself I can just about get myself around a mobile phone . As I am not the brightest button in the box , And also to think I will never see a statement come through my letterbox from NatWest . Really worried me to be honest traumatise me, but give the Genteman his due he was patient with me when I asked him questions I couldn’t understand . and then he said come back in next week when your card comes through we will help you so you can pay online from your bank , Well I’ve never been so happy to think I can do it wow he said it was easy and it was, what have I been worried about so I would like to thank that Genteman who help me he was in Cosham Portsmouth from Winchester branch of NatWest .
Never disappoints 👌🏾
I can always rely on this app when I’m in a queue to buy groceries and have no change on my person
It is a quick transfer and pay when I’m panicking and I LOVE the improvement to have saved payees it is quick and easy to use because there are people I usually send money to and it is nice to know that I can access these names on the go.
I think the only improvement would be to create a pending payments section -
I’m very young and I go into my bank account and I see two different sets of numbers for the amount of money I have and how much I should have without the pending payments; I would like to know which companies are trying to take my money before it leaves my account because sometimes I’m scared I am being scammed and I’ll only see the payments months later saying they left my account earlier I just need to be sure what are my pending payments and that is really the only improvement I have.
Fab practical helpful app, have been using this for over a year now and it’s a great app and works well with no glitches 4stars for that....but what’s really brilliant is that company CONTINUES to develop app frequently and it’s gets even more useful every time ... that’s where the 5th star comes in!!
Have a little suggestion for personalisation optional feature for customers like me who want it....to track my finances I would really need a little tick box or comment box next to transactions for my personal use... e.g even hashtags in future for me to categorise my spending, effectively and accurately using my money and quickly spot any rogue transactions ...fingers crossed you’ll consider that.... also further on in the future, the edits customers make for their reference in mobile app could also be seen when they log into their internet banking account?? Many thanks in anticipation!!
- National Westminster Bank plc
- 114.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.