By National Westminster Bank plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the NatWest Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Login to the app with your fingerprint registered under Touch ID if you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user*
*If your iPhone is jailbroken, you will be unable to login using Touch ID. However, you can continue to use the app by logging in with your app passcode.
• Get Cash from your account at any NatWest, RBS or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• View direct debits and Standing orders that you have set up
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone who is registered for Paym using their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who is not registered for Paym but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account within two business days. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
How to Register
To use the NatWest Mobile Banking app, you need to have a NatWest personal current account and Online Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Online Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got an Online Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Online Banking at natwest.com/online
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app (or multiple iPhones), we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ on your iPad or iPhone and login using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0012. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch.
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts'
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Paying people with our mobile app just got easier:
• You can now make one off payments up to £250 to any UK account without a card reader.
• Our Pay your contacts service now also supports paying any mobile number which is registered for the Paym service.
• Phone customers can now search by name for a specific payee when making a payment.
• iPad customers will now be able to apply for a savings account or ISA directly from the app.
To prepare for upcoming enhancements to the app, iPhone customers will need to confirm their mobile number and enter an activation code as part of this update.
Good updates but painful to update.
I love some of the new features and TouchID is a godsend. I still can't beloved that they haven't figured out how to allow two devices to be registered to the app at one time. I updated the iPhone app registered it successfully, did the same with the iPad worked good. Went back to the iPhone and had to start again, now blocked for 24 hours as I have been sent too many texts. If you don't setup both apps one after the other it's a nightmare to register. Sort it out.
New colour is awful!
I have to agree with "mikechesworth"
I was told by natwest that the next update that was coming shortly would have the update to use the same app for the same account on multiple devices, but it hasn't, you have to keep going through the setup to have it on only one device at one time.
Sort it out NATWEST, this isn't rocket science !!!!
If you encounter a problem logging in, as I just did, then remove the app and reinstall it.
They've messed up something and this is the only way to fix it. I'm back online and able to use the app again. Changed from 1 star review back to 4.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 30 June 2015
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Westminster Bank plc
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.