Winner of the ‘Best Banking App’ at the British Bank Awards for 2017 and 2018, our award winning app is available to download for our Online Banking customers.
What you need to register
• You’ll need to be registered for Online Banking
• Your Customer Number, which is your date of birth followed by four random digits
• Your Online Banking PIN & password, which is what you use to log in online
• When logging in for the first time you’ll be asked to choose a mobile banking PIN, which is what you’ll use in the future
• Log in using Touch ID or Face ID – there’s no need to remember any details when logging in. Available on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
• Personalised greeting – customise how your app greets you when you log in, morning, day or evening.
• Get Cash – visit a cash machine and withdraw up to £130 without your debit card – perfect if you’ve forgotten your wallet.
• Pay someone new without a card reader – all you need is their account number and sort code and you can send up to £500.
• Manage receipts – designed specifically for Business customers, capture images of your receipts and organise them by date or type.
Other important information about our app
• Get Cash allows you to withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at any NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland (in Scotland) or Tesco ATM, as long as it’s within your daily withdrawal limit. You must have at least £10 available in your account.
• Paying someone new without a card reader allows a maximum of five payments totalling £500 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Paying your contacts allows a maximum of 20 payments totalling £250 per day. Pay anyone who has our app or is registered for Paym. You must be aged 16 or over.
• To cancel a Direct Debit from within the app, you have until 8:20pm (UK time) on the day the payment is due. At or after 8:20pm (UK time), the payment due on that day will have been taken and we will not be able to retrieve it.
• To cancel or amend a standing order from within the app you must give at least two working days notice.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking customers only.
• Standard data charges may apply – contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features that our app offers, you will need to accept the following permissions:
• Network communication for connectivity
• Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
• Access to your contacts list to allow you to Pay Your Contacts
• View accounts you hold with other banks in your app to see balances and transactions for all of your current accounts in one place. You can add and remove accounts quickly and securely from within the app.
• Choose to lock certain transaction types on your credit card in ‘Lock card settings’, giving you more control of your spending.
• Set up a Direct Debit to pay your credit card bill in the ‘Pay my card’ section of your credit card, saving you the worry of late or missed payments.
• Create, amend or delete a savings goal, view your progress to see what you’ve saved and how much more you need to reach your target.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you for makers me understand how to online bank.
I would like to thank the nice gentleman in the NatWest bank in Cosham who showed me how to do online banking and get a app . I’m 52 years old don’t do anything much online and have been petrified of thinking my Northend bank in Portsmouth closed down , and now you are closing Anchorage Park Portsmouth by the end of the month, which I really depended on . so after travelling to Cosham I thought I’d investigate in this online banking , thinking to myself I can just about get myself around a mobile phone . As I am not the brightest button in the box , And also to think I will never see a statement come through my letterbox from NatWest . Really worried me to be honest traumatise me, but give the Genteman his due he was patient with me when I asked him questions I couldn’t understand . and then he said come back in next week when your card comes through we will help you so you can pay online from your bank , Well I’ve never been so happy to think I can do it wow he said it was easy and it was, what have I been worried about so I would like to thank that Genteman who help me he was in Cosham Portsmouth from Winchester branch of NatWest .
I have been banking with natwest for 25 years, during that time I have good and bad experiences, I have made the decision to now part with Natwest, I am now registered disabled and found that Natwest are not the best as they totally disregarded my new position as a disabled customer, when my in line banking was disrupted, they refused to issue me with a new card that had gone out to my previous address, I needed a card reader to sort this out but they refused to allow me to change my address over the phone having gone through the security check and insisted I do it through the internet banking using a card to put in the card reader, having gone through an hour on the phone and half an hour waiting they said they would respond in the post to my complaint, it was a waste of tome as they simply reiterated the same script and had no compassion, the result was I had to make my way into the nearest branch with ID to change my aggress to be allowed a new card,
Natwest need to upgrade a very dated system as online banking and the internet are the biggest means of communicating with the customers, if that isnot corrected and upgraded they will be left behind, far too much completion to be wasting my time.
Never disappoints 👌🏾
I can always rely on this app when I’m in a queue to buy groceries and have no change on my person
It is a quick transfer and pay when I’m panicking and I LOVE the improvement to have saved payees it is quick and easy to use because there are people I usually send money to and it is nice to know that I can access these names on the go.
I think the only improvement would be to create a pending payments section -
I’m very young and I go into my bank account and I see two different sets of numbers for the amount of money I have and how much I should have without the pending payments; I would like to know which companies are trying to take my money before it leaves my account because sometimes I’m scared I am being scammed and I’ll only see the payments months later saying they left my account earlier I just need to be sure what are my pending payments and that is really the only improvement I have.
- National Westminster Bank plc
- 128.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.