By National Westminster Bank plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the NatWest Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Login to the app with your fingerprint registered under Touch ID if you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user
• Get Cash from your account at any NatWest, RBS or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can no longer use Touch ID to login to the app. However, you can continue to login to the app using your app passcode.
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone else who has the NatWest or RBS Mobile Banking app using just their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who doesn’t have our app but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
How to Register
To use the NatWest Mobile Banking app, you need to have a NatWest personal current account and Online Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Online Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got an Online Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Online Banking at natwest.com/online
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app (or multiple iPhones), we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ on your iPad or iPhone and login using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0012. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch.
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts'
What's New in Version 4.0.0
This time round we have made the following changes on the iPhone app:
• If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can no longer use Touch ID to login to the app. However, you can continue to login to the app using your app passcode.
• You can now view direct debits that you have set up.
• You can now view standing orders that you have set up.
• Previously you needed to have at least £25 available funds in your accounts to use Get Cash, upon receiving your feedback this has now been reduced to £10!
No changes were made on the iPad app this time but more new features will be coming soon. Watch this space!
I've been using this for a long time and this new update...wow! I can see now the direct debits on screen, obviously new Touch ID log in, you guys are doing a great job and I use this app every single day without fail and it has made life so much more simple where I can keep an eye on my accounts and any activity on the go. Excellent App. NatWest users with multiple accounts and business accounts you must have this app. I sure the new updates will keep making the App better and better in sure :)
This is a decent app that's better than the website.
However the UI design has a few problems; if you have more than a few people in your payment list (I have about 50) it takes forever to side swipe through them, it should tap through to a proper indexed list. Also having selected the person to pay at the bottom of the screen you then have to go back to the top to enter the amount, it doesn't follow the (western latin) logical left-right, top-down flow order.
Update breaks TouchID
So Natwest finally gets round to implementing TouchID, which is great. Then they update the app and then break the ability to use it. Not great. Going to settings in the app and enabling TouchID asks me to log out and log back in again with my PIN for security purposes, but then it never enables TouchID! Trying to switch it on again takes me through the logging in and out loop again without success. Bad. C'mon Natwest, sort it out.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 21 April 2015
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 28.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Westminster Bank plc
- © 2004 - 2015 Monitise Group Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.