By National Westminster Bank plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the NatWest Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Login to the app with your fingerprint* registered under Touch ID if you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user
• Make one off payments up to £250 to any UK account using a sort code and account number
• Search from a list of approved utility and service providers to make bill payments
• Pay Your Contacts
• Get Cash from your account at any NatWest, RBS or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card
• Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
• Check your balances and transactions
• View and cancel Direct Debits and standing orders
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Check your Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a My Rewards customer
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £130 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone who is registered for Paym using their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who is not registered for Paym but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
How to Register
To use the NatWest Mobile Banking app, you need to have a NatWest personal current account and Online Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Online Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got an Online Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Online Banking at natwest.com/online
If you have the iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app (or multiple iPhones), we will recognise your mobile number during registration. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ and login using your existing passcode.
If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0012. Calls may be recorded. Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch.
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts'
*If your iPhone is jailbroken, you will be unable to login using Touch ID. However, you can continue to use the app by logging in with your app passcode.
What's New in Version 4.6.0
This time round we have made the following changes to the app.
You can now:
- Apply for a Loan or Credit Card directly from the app – visit Our Products in the More menu.
- See more detail in your transaction history.
To continue using the app on your Apple Watch please update your iPhone to iOS 9 or later and your Apple Watch to watchOS 2 or later.
Phone app good, watch app pants
The main phone app is absolutely fine. Much better than HSBCs but the watch app is just garbage. It never works properly. I install it and activate it and it works for about 10 minutes. Then it asks me to activate it on my phone again. I'm currently stuck as the phone app now won't give me the activation screen. For the second time since first getting the watch app, it's going to be uninstalled. Waste of time.
Why oh why!
Don't get me wrong I love this App the best banking app by far, but why change the transaction page to what it is now, just looks cluttered and takes longer to scroll through transactions. A single line per transaction is more than enough, if you need more info, then open up to date, reference etc. Don't start to ruin what has always been a excellent piece of software.
10/10 for the release! Well done #NatWest
Great release, great app, new functions are very useful. clearly a bank that knows how to deliver the best in class banking apps. great functions, looks better with running balance and I really like the ability to apply for products from my App. I wonder what else Natwest will enable in the app next!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 19 January 2016
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 37.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: National Westminster Bank plc
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.