By National Westminster Bank plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the NatWest Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Login to the app with your fingerprint registered under Touch ID if you’re an iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 Plus user*
*If your iPhone is jailbroken, you will be unable to login using Touch ID. However, you can continue to use the app by logging in with your app passcode.
• Make one off payments up to £250 to any UK account using a sort code and account number
• Pay Your Contacts
• Get Cash from your account at any NatWest, RBS or Tesco cash machine without using your debit card
• Transfer money between your NatWest accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• View direct debits and Standing orders that you have set up
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Top Up your pay as you go mobile phone and up to four others (Unfortunately we can’t do it for phones on the 3 network)
• Check your Cashback Plus Rewards balance if you’ve already registered as a Cashback Plus customer
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to £250 per day from our UK cash machines, when you have at least £10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone who is registered for Paym using their UK mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to £250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who is not registered for Paym but does have a valid UK Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a UK mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to £250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must be over 16 and have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
How to Register
To use the NatWest Mobile Banking app, you need to have a NatWest personal current account and Online Banking, be over 11 and have a UK mobile number starting with 07.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Online Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got an Online Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Online Banking at natwest.com/online
If you have the iPhone app and also want to use the iPad app (or multiple iPhones), we will recognise your mobile number during registration. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ and login using your existing passcode.
If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 0345 366 0012. Calls may be recorded. Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch.
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts'
What's New in Version 4.3.1
We've fixed a bug, making it easier to use the features we released in the last app update:
• Make one off payments up to £250 to any UK account without a card reader.
• Our Pay your contacts service now also supports paying any mobile number which is registered for the Paym service.
• iPhone customers can now search by name for a specific payee when making a payment.
• iPad customers will now be able to apply for a savings account or ISA directly from the app.
To prepare for upcoming enhancements to the app, you may have to confirm your mobile number and enter an activation code as part of this update.
£250 to any bank account behind a single PIN number??
It's great that features are being added, but at this stage I think I'd appreciate being asked for my online banking password to make transactions. Once upon a time, a simple pin to check your balance was great, but it feels as though this app has now outgrown that security model.
All that said, it's still a great app 👏 to you NatWest.
The app no longer works since the update. I don't have a jail broken phone but the Touch ID feature has still gone. This app could be great.....If only it worked!!! Constant issues with it saying I have no Internet connection, please try again later!! I have a perfect internet connection. The app is now basically useless on the iPhone 5s. Sort it out Natwest, you're meant to be a professional service!
Think an update is due where you can see your pending transactions, as when you pay by contact less it does come out of your account for 2-3days and if you could see your transaction pending it will help people keep on top of what they are spending
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 24 July 2015
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Westminster Bank plc
- © 2015 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.