One of the top free map display apps for both mobile and tablets!
NaVida is a free app ideal for anyone using maps/charts on land and sea. It contains a growing number of quality map layers, rich content and useful features.
• OpenStreetMap - Worldwide
• Bing Aerial - Worldwide
• Topographic - Norway
• Maritime Paper Chart - Norway
• Nautical HD – Norway (in-app purchase)
• AIS- a Automated Information System (AIS) map layer, which allows the user to see vessel positions in certain areas. The source feed is based on data released by aishub.net.
• Preload Map for offline use.
• Places of interest search (Nominatim & Sentralt StedsnavnRegister)
• Zoom/pan functionality for efficient navigation in the chart
• Bookmark function
• Display map coordinates in different formats
• Track log with import/export of GPX files.
NaVida can not be used for navigation in accordance with regulations published by the International Maritime Organization.
* User will be asked to continue previous track or start new.
* More user friendly delete of track log from list.
* Import GPX with more than one track log.
* Respect track log segments from imported GPX.
* Faster handling of large track logs.
* Name and move waypoint.
* Import waypoints and export waypoint using GPX.
* Link to Twitter & Facebook pages from Library menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Maps disappear, redraw rate is very slow
Only small part of world, blank screen after zoom in, very slow redraw
Excellent App ;)
Waiting for full worldwide coverage of charts......
- Electronic Chart Centre AS
- 34.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Norwegian Bokmål
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Electronic Chart Centre
- In-App Purchases
- Nautical HD – Norway £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.