NAVIGON British Isles
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE map material with coverage for:
UK, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland
Latest Map Guarantee:
Guarantees you the most up-date maps at all times! After installing the app, you will automatically have access to the latest maps from the market leader HERE
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.16
- New main menu
- New, combined address search
- Added quick navigation start to work address
- Enhanced operating system compatibility
- Apptimization, bug fixes and performance improvements
Took me down the m6 toll, told me to come off due to traffic? 3 miles later put me back on the m6 toll! Annoying... Terrible at re routing due to traffic... Sends me off the motorway... 10 mile diversion to put me back on the motorway again... Had enough of this app. A 6 hour drive ended up taking me 10! Avoid it! I'm buying Tom Tom instead.
Not a bad app, ruined by the pricing
Good search functions and a good, if not the best nav app operationally. Well laid out and a good feature set. I like the hazard warnings (animals, schools etc). It should be good for £29.99.
Once you have got over the initial cost, you are met with a number of in app purchases, in my case traffic and safety warnings (cameras!) which are again, not cheap but that's pretty much your choice. There are others but I don't need them (cockpit, truck etc).
My biggest gripe and the reason for my low score is the maps are out out of date in the version supplied off the App Store (q4 2015). I queried this with navigon after it showed me driving across a field on a piece of road that had been opened for a year. They have said you have to buy freshmaps (at an eye watering £39.99 for 2 yrs). No way, I at least expect the map I have paid for initially to be up to date. Navigon say that you get all the maps in Europe. Big deal. So all told they want nearly £80, otherwise you've got a sat nav that is significantly out of date from day one. No thanks, google maps, Tom Tom, sygic, co-pilot all provide similar offerings with not anywhere near the cost.
I may actually be able to buy a half decent stand alone system.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 11 August 2016
- Version: 2.16
- Size: 132 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2016 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NAVIGON Traffic Live£14.99
- Panorama View 3D£7.99
- Mobile Alert Live£6.99
- Urban Guidance£3.99
- Fresh Maps XL EU 44£39.99
- Mobile Alert Live Upgrade£8.49
- Truck Navigation£44.99
- Mobile Alert Live Premium£14.99
- Alternative Fuel£7.99