By Faster Imaging AS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Nearby Norway is a map-based application offering easy access to features such as real-time public transport departures, weather forecasts and a basic guide to find your destination in Norway.
Nearby is built on the Faster Imaging inMAP platform. By transmitting vector data rather than map images, network usage is kept to a minimum. This ensures that considerably fewer bytes are transferred thus cheaper use.
- Always updated maps
- View the user position
- Search textually for streets or place names
- Find other content near any position
- Pinch to zoom
- Attach map to user position and/or compass if available
- Run in landscape or portrait mode
- Stores all maps you view on the device
- Arbitrary rotation alongside a compass needle
- Arbitrary tilt (2.5D)
- High performance 3D maps
- Select content (layers)
- Manage your own favorites on the device
- Community map data from Open Street Map
- You may contribute to the maps at www.openstreetmap.org
- Real-time public transport departures (Eastern Norway)
- City bike slot and bike availability (Oslo)
- Car charging stations (Norway)
- Recycle points (Norway)
- Restaurant reviews by Dagsavisen
- Gas stations
- And much more...
- Find your way with the easy-to-use direction arrow
- World coverage weather forecast
- Public transport route planner (Eastern Norway)
- Twitter: 'Faster Imaging'
- Facebook: 'Nearby Norway'
- Web: www.fasterimaging.com
By downloading and using this software and related location data, you are bound by Apple license terms. In addition, you agree that location data and maps may be inaccurate and that you use the service at your own risk. Furthermore, you agree that third parties may offer services and enforce additional terms against you.
OpenStreetMap data provided under Creative Commons BY-SA 2.0. Trafikanten local transport data (www.trafikanten.no) provided under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0. yr.no (www.yr.no) weather forecasts delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK under copyright.
ladestasjoner.no charging points delivered by Norsk Elbilforening under copyright. sortere.no recycling points delivered by LOOP under copyright.
What's New in Version 1.42
-Fixed a bug with font sizes on iPhone 5S and other 64-bit devices.
-Returned the ability to search for addresses and not just place names.
-Fixed a bug that could deny the "Show direction" functionality.
Seems very useful indeed! :-)
I only discovered this app yesterday but felt compelled to quickly write an early review. It is excellent having so much live information available instantly - be it buses or trams from a nearby stop or how many city bikes are available nearby :-) So far in testing this in Oslo over one day it's been very good and the live travel information is presented much faster than by using the Trafikanten or clear channel apps! I'll write more after more testing, outside of Oslo too... So far so good!! :-)
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 28 March 2014
- Version: 1.42
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Languages: English, Norwegian
- Developer: Faster Imaging AS
- © 2002 - 2013 Faster Imaging AS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.