NeoOffice is an office suite for Mac that is based on OpenOffice and LibreOffice. With NeoOffice, you can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, LibreOffice documents, and simple Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
Two engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on OS X for the first time. Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that you will not find in OpenOffice or LibreOffice such as:
• Native Dark Mode
• NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu to open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch
• File > Browse All Versions menu to restore previous versions of your documents
• Native file locking to safely edit files in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or network drives
• Native Mac grammar checking
• Native Mac text highlighting
• Support for Mac Services
• Native floating tool windows
Before you buy NeoOffice, please click on the "NeoOffice Support" link and read the installation notes.
This version of NeoOffice fixes the following bugs:
• NeoOffice would crash due to LibreOffice bugs #57550 and #66496
• NeoOffice would crash when selecting the Load Styles option in the Styles and Formatting panel in a Writer document
• NeoOffice would crash printing a Writer document if printing comments had been enabled in the Comments section of the Printer Options dialog
• NeoOffice would crash quitting if a database that uses Calc files for its tables was open
Ratings and Reviews
Strange “Save” behavior (bug) 🐛
This application served me a lot during my university computer science course, long before it was even in the App Store and when it was still free to use with voluntary donations. It now seem to have a strange bug, though, at least in the Spreadsheet part of it. Every time I try to save my spreadsheet it asks me which format I want to use and, even if it’s the default format. Then it asks me if I want to overwrite my document. Please fix this issue.
Very, very poor for a payed App
I was using LibreOffice and was quite upset about its performance. I thought NeoOffice, nearly identical but specifically tailored to work in MacOS, was the solution. I was wrong. The program (in particular, Impress) is slugshish until becoming unsuable and some funcionality sudenly stops working (like the “undo” function) or doesn't appear (like “distribute objects”). That is, exactly the same than LibreOffice but after paying a substantial amount of money. My recommendation: stick with ibreOffice and forget about this App. It is not worth it.
FYI: I have a MacBook Pro with an i7 8th generation processor and 16 Gb of RAM.
Got it wrong with dark mode.
I like NeoOffice and would give it 5 stars. However in the new dark mode scheme the document itself shouldn't be dark! Or there should at least be a choice. Check 'Pages' guys!
- Planamesa Inc
- 254.2 MB
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2003 - 2018 Planamesa Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.