NeoOffice is an office suite for Mac that is based on OpenOffice and LibreOffice. With NeoOffice, you can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, LibreOffice documents, and simple Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
Two engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on OS X for the first time. Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that you will not find in OpenOffice or LibreOffice such as:
• NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu to open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch
• File > Browse All Versions menu to restore previous versions of your documents
• Native file locking to safely edit files in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or network drives
• Native Mac grammar checking
• Native Mac text highlighting
• Support for Mac Services
• Native floating tool windows
Before you buy NeoOffice, please click on the "NeoOffice Support" link and read the installation notes.
This version of NeoOffice fixes the following bugs:
• NeoOffice would crash due to LibreOffice bugs #94225, #103359, #103788, and #108124
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when displaying the Navigator window in Writer
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when starting a slideshow in Impress
• NeoOffice would sometimes crash when opening or editing Writer documents
• NeoOffice would leak memory due to several LibreOffice bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Strange “Save” behavior (bug) 🐛
This application served me a lot during my university computer science course, long before it was even in the App Store and when it was still free to use with voluntary donations. It now seem to have a strange bug, though, at least in the Spreadsheet part of it. Every time I try to save my spreadsheet it asks me which format I want to use and, even if it’s the default format. Then it asks me if I want to overwrite my document. Please fix this issue.
Very, very poor for a payed App
I was using LibreOffice and was quite upset about its performance. I thought NeoOffice, nearly identical but specifically tailored to work in MacOS, was the solution. I was wrong. The program (in particular, Impress) is slugshish until becoming unsuable and some funcionality sudenly stops working (like the “undo” function) or doesn't appear (like “distribute objects”). That is, exactly the same than LibreOffice but after paying a substantial amount of money. My recommendation: stick with ibreOffice and forget about this App. It is not worth it.
FYI: I have a MacBook Pro with an i7 8th generation processor and 16 Gb of RAM.
Struggles with the basics
I purchased the shareware version of this many years ago for my old Mac. With a brand new Mac and looking for something I could do work stuff on and share with PCs I naturally looked at this option. The significantly higher price for this commercial version suggested that it had evolved into something way more professional. I was rather disappointed first time I pulled a fairly basic Word-generated docx into Neooffice and it failed to display the embedded image within the document and there were the same old format issues that were evident in the older shareware version. It would have been nice for a try-before-you-buy option as I can’t really see myself using this anymore - but then they wouldn’t have got my money.
If you want to do stuff at home for yourself then this is fine - especially if you’re just exporting PDF documents, printing leaflets etc. If on the other hand you want to share documents electronically with PC users then this won’t measure up in my view.
- Planamesa Inc
- 254.3 MB
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2003 - 2018 Planamesa Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.