At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heating and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgotten to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind me alert. And everyone at home can receive notifications and control the Nest products that they need with their own Nest account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature while on the train or from the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you've used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Receive extreme-temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who's coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind me alert if you've gone out and forgotten to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes and set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – either a door or window was opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Receive an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). (Requires Wi-Fi and a working Internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence (Nest Protect 2nd generation).
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Check-Up to test all your alarms at once (Nest Protect 2nd generation).
- Get 'What to Do' instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so that you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Receive alerts when there's activity and respond to get someone's attention.
- See what you've missed with snapshots of the past three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Receive person alerts (or familiar/unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware (subscription service sold separately).
Know who's knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything on your doorstep – people head to toe or parcels on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and something else.
- Be notified about a visitor, even if they don't ring the bell.
- HD Talk and listen enables you to talk naturally with someone at your door.
- When you can't answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre-recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so that everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode in the Nest app to people you trust.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-lock, and your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
This update improves how you can enroll in energy programmes. Tap Settings on the app home screen. Tap Rebates and rewards. Take a look at the energy-saving programmes available in your area, and then tap on your energy provider to learn more and sign up.
Ratings and Reviews
This app needs improvements
This is an app review not a review of neat products. I have a thermostat but I feel this app is slow and missing some crucial features. I’d like it to be fast, and for a better schedule interface. It shouldn’t force a landscape orientation and should be a bit more intuitive. I’d also like a notification centre widget like most other connected devices. Also I think the home assist feature isn’t thought through, as my heating won’t turn on until I’m home, but I would have thought that when I’m on my way home it would pre-heat, but it does not.
I have been a Nest customer since Dropcam and this app seems to evolve in terms of functionality but regress in reliability with each iteration. Spinning wheels of doom all the time, failed clip saves, its hugely frustrating experience. (Not internet connection related, we have 100Mb each way fibre business line!). I don't understand how such a well funded team cant make a bulletproof -reliable app! Please focus on the first before adding more bells and whistles. Right now this is a 1 star app due to its real-world usability.
Update: Nov 18. Still utterly unreliable.
Recent updates still don’t deliver
I’ve seen more app updates from Nest in the last few months than ever before but they still don’t address customer requests for turning on functionality with their existing products. I’m not even going to get started on their invisible customer support.
Still no api developed to turn on hot water...
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 360.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.