Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The newly redesigned Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, see your home with Nest Cam and Dropcam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, like turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.11.1
Bug fixes and enhancements.
I have nest cam only, I am reviewing from this aspect of the app and I have to say this app is very poor, in fact it's useless. I frequently have difficulty connecting to my cam having to toggle the camera on and off usually several times before connecting properly. Usually by this time any activity around the camera area has disappeared by the time I've connected.
Also Nest claim that you only need around 1or 2 mbps connection to view 1080p video but in reality despite having 20-26mbps connection I have difficulty getting even a 720p connection. Also when activity occurs frequently this causes the spinning ring to appear.
All in all, pretty useless. :( if you are thinking of buying Nest aware I really wouldn't bother as, without the additionally expensive subscription service, it's a TOTAL waste of time.
As far as the watch app goes, it is a TOTAL waste of time. Lately it has taken to notifying me over and over again when there is nothing to notify me for. I end up having to reset my watch as it just keeps chiming on my wrist.
In essence this entire app is TOTAL trash.
So far so good
Installed the nest learning thermostat yesterday. A nicely made and designed thing. Wiring it to the boiler was very difficult. The instructions presume an understanding of such things which none but heating engineers possess. Got there in the end.
The heating/hot water part of the app is well thought out, simple and intuitive to use by comparison. There is no doubt it has the potential to save a great deal of wasted heat and thus cost.
I was advised against the camera on the grounds that it's an expensive gimmick. Others are cheaper and work better on their specialist apps.
Pop up notice.... why
Why does this open with a notice about Bluetooth settings? Please stop this, and why is the home/away assist so slow to react?
And now the heating schedule doesn't work, despite resetting the schedule.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 19 April 2017
- Version: 5.11.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes