At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heating and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgotten to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind me alert. And everyone at home can receive notifications and control the Nest products that they need with their own Nest account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature while on the train or from the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you've used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Receive extreme-temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who's coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind me alert if you've gone out and forgotten to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes and set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – either a door or window was opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Receive an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). (Requires Wi-Fi and a working Internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence (Nest Protect 2nd generation).
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Check-Up to test all your alarms at once (Nest Protect 2nd generation).
- Get 'What to Do' instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so that you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Receive alerts when there's activity and respond to get someone's attention.
- See what you've missed with snapshots of the past three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Receive person alerts (or familiar/unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware (subscription service sold separately).
Know who's knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything on your doorstep – people head to toe or parcels on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and something else.
- Be notified about a visitor, even if they don't ring the bell.
- HD Talk and listen enables you to talk naturally with someone at your door.
- When you can't answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre-recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so that everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode in the Nest app to people you trust.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-lock, and your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Very slow to start and no notification sound customisation
I have several Nest devices at home. Although the hardware is excellent the app that controls it is very poorly designed, making the user experience very annoying. To start with, the app takes forever to start and is very slow at sending alerts. This is especially bad with the Nest Hello door bell, as people that rang the bell have left by the time you receive the alert and the app started to interact with them. Additionally, although most competitor products allow to customise doorbell alert sounds, the Nest app doesn’t. This means that you get the same sound alert when someone presses the door bell, when you get a text, when the neighbour walks past the front of your house, or when a burglar is braking into your car.
The app is very poor, Nest doesn’t have a clear mean to suggest improvements to it, does not seem to acknowledge the users reviews (current rating of the app is 2.1 out of 5) or feedback on the Nest community forum, with the issue being open for over a year and Nest seems to ignore all suggestions to improve it, independent of the channel used to suggest improvements.
DO NOT BUY DOORBELL
Do NOT buy the NEST HELLO if you have an iPhone doorbell. You will only get a tritone alert , which you can not change and can not be heard, many customers have complained, for months but NEST DO NOT CARE and just carry on selling a poor product. Please google this to see many people complaining on their forum but for nothing to be done. So basically if you are out and about and someone rings your bell you will not hear it and if someone is on your driveway at 02:00 trying to nick your car you will NOT hear anything.....
Great layout but can be slow
Well organised layout, but can be slow loading.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 399.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.