At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heating and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgotten to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind me alert. And everyone at home can receive notifications and control the Nest products that they need with their own Nest account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature while on the train or from the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you've used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Receive extreme-temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who's coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind me alert if you've gone out and forgotten to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes and set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – either a door or window was opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Receive an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). (Requires Wi-Fi and a working Internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence (Nest Protect 2nd generation).
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Check-Up to test all your alarms at once (Nest Protect 2nd generation).
- Get 'What to Do' instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so that you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Receive alerts when there's activity and respond to get someone's attention.
- See what you've missed with snapshots of the past three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Receive person alerts (or familiar/unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware (subscription service sold separately).
Know who's knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything on your doorstep – people head to toe or parcels on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and something else.
- Be notified about a visitor, even if they don't ring the bell.
- HD Talk and listen enables you to talk naturally with someone at your door.
- When you can't answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre-recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so that everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode in the Nest app to people you trust.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-lock, and your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Fixed an issue where some users would see a blank screen when viewing Energy History.
Ratings and Reviews
Poor notifications. Slow performance.
Why is there no further customisation on what kind of alerts to receive? It’s either all people it sees including familiar faces, or none at all! Should have a choice if one uses Familiar faces feature so you don’t constantly get bombarded with notifications for trusted people.
And if you have added other people to the app you should have the option to control what they can do with it, not grant universal ‘admin’ privileges across the board.
Unreliable and needs a lot of improvement, almost 2 years on.
Does anyone actually read these?!
I doubt very much any of the developers behind this app read these poor reviews or they may have fixed it by now....but you have consistently failed to fix the Home Away feature over many months. Now there is a small yellow warning in the app saying it hasn’t heard from my phone in a few weeks....yes that’s because the app doesn’t recognise where I am at any point. Nothing to do with location services or battery optimisation etc other apps work perfectly with my location.
Does not work properly
I use to be able to see my energy history on the phone but then my nest thermostat 3rd generation stop connecting to the WiFi. After a replacement unit, the energy history on my phone no longer displays it says no energy history which is frustrating as I’ve tried deleting the app and updating it but still have the same problem. Massively disappointed in Nest! I’ve had one problem after another.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 399.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.