Net Aware is a simple guide for parents to the most popular social networks, apps and games. Learn about the privacy settings and safety guidelines for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and more. You can also read up-to-date reviews from parents and children for each app, game and social network.
Our straightforward, no-nonsense advice will untangle the web, and show you how you can be just as great a parent online, as you are the rest of the time.
• Minimum age rating for each social network, app and game
• Parent and child views on how easy it is to sign up, report abuse and adjust privacy settings
• What people are saying about the top 50 most popular social networks, apps and games
• Find out how likely your child is to come across inappropriate content
If you have any questions about this app or your child’s safety online, please email Netaware@nspcc.org.uk
Minor improvements to help you find the content you are looking for, including:
Clickable tags on news page
Re-ordering network page
Ratings and Reviews
This has the potential to be a really useful app. However, it already seems out of date. Yellow is one of the most popular apps for teenagers at the moment. It has been identified by the NSPCC as a potential threat to young people and yet doesn't feature on this app. We desperately need an app that keeps us up to date with potential online threats to our children. Please would you update this and add a news feed section to newly identified risks?
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © NSPCC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.