By Netflix, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Subscribe Now on Your iPhone® or iPad®
Watch TV programmes and films recommended just for you, including award-winning Netflix original series, films and documentaries.
Netflix has something for everyone. There’s even a safe watching experience just for kids with family-friendly entertainment.
No adverts. No hidden fees. Try one month free. You can cancel at any time. How does Netflix work?
• Netflix adds TV programmes and films all the time. Browse titles or search for your favourites.
• The more you watch, the better Netflix gets at recommending TV programmes and films that you’ll love – just for you.
• You can create up to five individual profiles within a single Netflix account. Profiles allow different members of your household to have their own personalised Netflix experience built around the films and TV programmes they enjoy.
• Instantly stream on iOS devices or on the web.
What's New in Version 7.2.5
Just started with Netflix…
.. And this is a surprisingly rubbish app for a company with more than 50 million users. Hard to know where to start really: It looks like it was written about five years ago. Although I don't have any problems with it logging me off or crashing, it is very difficult to find anything because the menu system is badly thought out.
The app is also not updated to the latest features of iOS for iPad: when you pull the multitasking sidebar in, playback actually stops. And the floating video window doesn't happen. Since these features are built in and it's supposed to be surprisingly easy to include, theres no excuse for this four months after the release of iOS 9.
More minor point but this irritates: The play-bar is distracting red, it looks ridiculous, it's at the bottom of the interface which is the wrong choice, and it's difficult to use it with any accuracy.
Great service, and a good app.
Firstly, I have to say I really appreciate Netflix, how it has made watching TV series and movies such a convenient experience. The app works perfectly for me, and I have no issues.
A lot of reviewers keep going on about tiny issues such as "it brings me back to the login screen sometimes", and to me, this is ridiculous. Even though that may be a slight annoyance, Netflix is still a service that's providing you full access to a ridiculously large amount of content in a very convenient way. Does a small problem like that really bring a 5* app/service down to a 1*? Of course not...
What an awful update this is.
First off, buggy - as others have mentioned, it tells me that I should install the free app, even when I'm in the app, and also that it tells me to start my free month trial. I'd love to get a free month, but I'm already a paying member, and I just want to continue watching the stuff I've already started. This update is making this WAY more difficult than it should.
Secondly, why on EARTH did you do away with the back button?!? When I open something to read the synopsis, it doesn't mean that I actually want to watch it... I know nothing about the movie/series. Hence me opening the synopsis. But then I have to go back to the genre search, and scroll right from the top again, or re-search with my query.
Whoever QA'd this release clearly should have been signed off sick that day...
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 15 January 2016
- Version: 7.2.5
- Size: 33.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Netflix, Inc.
- © 2011 Netflix, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Netflix 2S Plan£7.49
- Netflix 1S Plan£5.99
- Netflix 2 Screens - Unlimited Streaming£6.99
- Netflix 1 Screen - Unlimited Streaming£5.99
- Netflix 4S Plan£8.99
- Netflix 4 Screens - Unlimited Streaming£8.99