By Netflix, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Netflix is the world’s leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and films on your phone. This Netflix mobile application is designed to deliver the best experience anywhere, anytime.
Get the free app as a part of your Netflix membership and you can instantly watch thousands of TV episodes & films on your phone.
If you are not a Netflix member then sign up for Netflix and start enjoying immediately on your phone with our one-month free trial.
How does Netflix work?
• Netflix membership gives you access to unlimited TV programmes and films for one low monthly price.
• With the Netflix app you can instantly watch as many TV episodes & films as you want, as often as you want, anytime you want.
• You can Browse a growing selection of thousands of titles, and new episodes that are added regularly.
• Search for titles and watch immediately on your phone or on an ever expanding list of supported device.
• Rate your favourite programmes and films and tell us what you like so Netflix can help suggest the best titles for you.
Note: Video out is supported on all generations of iPad, iPhone 4 and later generations and iPod (4th generation) and later generations.
For assistance, please visit help.netflix.com.
What's New in Version 5.2
It's a decent app for watching videos, but the menus need an overhaul, they are bloated and slow. The app takes an age to load. The generated headings are overloaded with things like Top Ten for You, which generally has a rubbish algorithm that generates nothing I'd like to watch.
Also they've gotten rid of the heading which shows you the recently added videos.
I'd like to see a simplified version where you can just pick a category of video rather than the download intensive menus which overload the user with cover art, repeating videos over and over under different headings.
Still doesn't work with HDMI adapter!
The app works great for watching films and tv shows on my iPad but the app has had a bug where you can't watch content on your tv through the HDMI adapter. This was the main reason for buying the adapter and netflix support keep shrugging it off and blaming apple. Come on Netflix it's a well known problem and should be fixed by now even if it is an apple problem work with them to sort it!
The content is OK, but extremely slow to open the app
The app takes ages to open up! The longest of all my apps actually!!!! The films selection is OK but not very good though! I would of liked more films (recent & trilogies, instead of have just one out 3)
And english subtitles 'on demand'! If this feature already exist it is not obvious then
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 03 March 2014
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 25.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Netflix, Inc.
- © 2011 Netflix, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.