NetSpot: WiFi survey & wireless scanner
By Etwok LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Featured in MacWorld's Mac SuperGuide +++ MacWorld Editors’ Choice in 2012 +++ Editor's Choice by PCMAG and more! More professional reports available in NetSpot Reporter: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id678464954?mt=12
NetSpot goes far beyond usual WiFi scanning and analysis. NetSpot is the one and only full-featured WiFi site survey software and WiFi scanner on the Mac App Store. NetSpot is also an award-winning WiFi signal mapper and wireless manager.
Exceptional simplicity and affordability make NetSpot the all-in-one WiFi networks detector and analyzer. All you need to run your wireless site survey is your MacBook with native WiFi/AirPort adapter. No special knowledge or hardware required. NetSpot helps anyone conduct a professional WiFi survey of a house, office, cafe, airport, building, or any other area.
We packed the following features into NetSpot for you:
* NetSpot collects and visualizes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi data
* support for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channel bands
* really simple and fast wireless data aggregation
* comprehensive sleek heatmap visualizations of your WLAN: signal level, signal-to-interference ratio, signal-to-noise ratio, etc
* predictive automatic location of access points
* lots of data collected on every network: AP name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), vendor, channel, signal levels, encryption and more
* export of detailed reports into PDF
You will find NetSpot incredibly useful for:
* improving your wireless network performance
* reducing time and costs of maintaining or deploying WiFi networks
* finding signal leakages
* resolving channel conflicts
* managing site expansion
* preventing excessive signal level outside of desired area
* WiFi monitoring and access control
* analysis of neighboring networks coverage
Our public forum: http://forum.netspotapp.com
What's New in Version 1.3.409
* Improved file opening procedures
* Fixed map zoom hotkey (cmd+)
* Fixed random crash while scanning
* Fixed issues with NetSpot Reporter integration
nice idea but…
It seems very sporadic in its measurements and sometimes does not even pick up the wifi that the computer is actually connected to.
There ought to be a way or retesting a spot or removing clearly bad data.
All a bit too fiddly and not doing the basic job.
The list of all APs with their channels is useful but you have to wander around and take several measurements before it tells you anything. A simple scan from wherever the machine is would be more helpful for my purposes.
Useful and recommended
Hands down it’s the only and the best wireless survey builder on the app store. I only wish they could update the version asap. The app store build is a bit behind their actual roadmap.