*** The app is now compatible with iOS 9 and above
Direct to you, New Daylight offers daily Bible readings and reflections for everybody who wants to go deeper with God. The free app contains a sample of 21 readings and reflections including the next 7 days that you can keep and use on your iPhone forever. Subscriptions for 1, 4 or 12 month periods for future readings are available for purchase within the app.
The New Daylight app opens on a specially prepared reading each and every day of the year. It is ideal for those looking for a fresh approach to regular Bible study, and offers a talented team of contributors who present a Bible passage (text included), helpful comment and a prayer or thought for the day ahead.
Key features of the New Daylight app will allow you to:
- Save your favourite readings to go back to again and again
- Change the font size to make your reading more comfortable
- Email a selected reading to a friend
- Keep track of all readings you have missed to allow you to catch up
- Browse the readings by Bible book, contributor or date
- The readings can be presented in paging or scrolling mode
The New Daylight app supports the purchasing of 1, 4 and 12 month subscriptions from within the app. Readings are intelligently downloaded in the background so you don't need to remain connected to the internet to access them and once downloaded will remain available on your device.
• In-app auto-renewing subscriptions: these are purchased using your iTunes account and automatically renew. To cancel this type of subscription you need to visit your account on iTunes or the AppStore.
• Downloading the app is free, and you get readings every day for one week of six readings free and you also have access to the previous two weeks
• If you choose to subscribe, simply select the one month (£1.49), four month (£3.99) or annual (£10.49) subscription
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Account Settings in iTunes/App Store after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
New Daylight is edited by Naomi Starkey. The team of contributors includes Steve Aisthorpe, Amy Boucher Pye, Rachel Boulding, Stephen Cottrell, Elaine Duncan, Gordon Giles, Tony Horsfall, Helen Julian CSF, Jennifer Oldroyd, John Proctor, Stephen Rand, David Robertson, Margaret Silf, Naomi Starkey, David Winter, Veronica Zundel.
It is a publication of BRF.
For more about BRF visit
- Updated data
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Easier than a book! No, it is not! A book you can share..
We've been reading New Daylight for approx 20 years. As books that we could share with each other and then talk about it.
Now it's all Digital last year my husband could read it on his iPad and I could for 2 weeks then it would disappear.
On 1st April this year I paid for a years Contact but can my husband read it? No as this app is not free to share - God's word Not free to share! Even though we have Family Sharing on both iPad.
Why should we have to pay £21 per year just because it will not allow us to share.
Finally, The content of the writers some are not as good as in previous years. Let's honour all the seasons of the Bible throughout the year at the correct time. A good Christian writer or Preacher can always find something new to say about the big and little events and words in the Bible. We've heard a wonderful teacher, preacher, Reverend give a heart touching sermon on the shortest verse in the Bible 'Jesus wept.'
Yet Again An important Church Season is Overlooked😡
Last year I was amazed and disappointed to see the writers had chosen the most depressing, difficult book of the Bible, Lamentations, for their run up to Christmas. Which is supposed to be a season of hope and joyful expectation! This year I see they have overlooked the important season of Lent and chosen only to feature the very last week of Easter.
I am highly irritated by these omissions and it’s caused me to look elsewhere for more relevant and appropriate devotions.
I really enjoyed this for last 12 months but was disappointed that when I renewed it for another 12 months as all previous readings were lost! It doesn't keep them forever even though it says so!
Also the magazine section of New Daylight is not included
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 35.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 Aimer Media Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription to New Daylight £1.49
- Subscription to New Daylight £3.99
- Subscription to New Daylight £10.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.