New Statesman Magazine
By Progressive Media International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can experience the New Statesman on the iPad. The New Statesman is Britain's leading and most authoritative weekly political, cultural and current affairs magazine.
You may download the app for free and enjoy a complimentary copy of our special World War One Issue.
Single issues of the magazine can be downloaded through the app (£3.99), whilst monthly (£7.99) and annual (£79.99) auto-renewable subscriptions are also available.
Alternatively, direct subscribers may enter their customer ID number in the 'Manage your Subscription' section of the app to obtain access to the digital back-catalogue of the magazine.
**Important notes on auto-renewals**
. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account on confirmation of purchase.
. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the existing period.
. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will identify the cost of the renewal.
. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's 'Account Settings' after purchase.
. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• Our easy to navigate storefront allows you to quickly download your favourite and most recent issues.
• Choose to automatically download new editions when connected to Wi-Fi
• Automatically archive editions you haven't read in a while to free up space on your device
• Save your favourite pages and articles to your own scrapbook
• Read the first pages of content whilst the edition downloads
• Browse your scrapbook whilst offline
• Share your inspiration via social media and email
• Long hold on an edition to quickly archive it
The previous app was awful. Scrolling down finger movements were hooked as horizontal movement and it meant reading the articles was a nightmare. However the new app fixes this (finally) and it's great. It's gained them a new subscriber.
Archiving and text size
Unlike the previous version, this new one enables sensible options for how may issues to keep on the iPad: good!
However, the text size remains the same (too small) irrespective of which of the 3 'A' options is selected. This problem is on both iPad and iPhone.
I'm enjoying it
Suffered severe device envy when I saw my husband had NS on his iPad. Then realised it's free - and really good too - so I have it too now. Still can't interest him in Vogue tho...
- Category: News
- Updated: 27 April 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Progressive Media International Ltd.
- ©Progressive Media International
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New Statesman Subscription£7.99
- New Statesman Magazine 25-31st October 2013£4.99
- New Statesman Subscription£79.99
- New Statesman Magazine 8th - 14th July 2016£3.99
- New Statesman Magazine 1st - 7th November 2013£4.99
- New Statesman Magazine 1st - 7th July 2016£3.99
- New Statesman Magazine 28th February - 6th March 2014£4.99
- New Statesman Magazine 19th December 2014 - 8th January 2015£4.99
- New Statesman Magazine 15th - 21st July 2016£3.99
- New Statesman Magazine 10th - 16th October 2014£4.99