Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader
By Ben Alexander
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications (requires iOS 7 or later)
• Offline reading including image caching
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Instapaper, Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
What's New in Version 3.6
• Added separate Swipe Left and Tap-and-Hold action settings for read and unread items under Advanced settings
• Added Force Full Re-sync option under Sync Settings. This can be useful if any unread counts are incorrect.
• Fixed a bug leading to incorrect unread counts when unstarring unread items (use Force Full Re-sync under Sync Settings to reset unread counts)
• Fixed swipe from edge not working in full screen mode
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Newsify, please consider rating it after each update. This helps us out a lot. Thanks for your support!
Sync issues between devices
Sure I'd synced iPad before updating on iPhone, however even with new forced sync on iPone all is not well. iPhone says 30 unread, iPad says 36...
Will try updating iPad as well.
Edit: updated iPad, forced re-sync on each but still no joy. iPhone says 34 unread, iPad says 26.
Second time this has happened, remove app on one device removed all my feeds from both devices last time... :(
Need an export function adding so I won't have to re-enter the feed list next time.
Edit 2: followed FAQ on Developers web site (turn iCloud sync off, sync all, iCloud back on), now both devices agree.
App rating back to 5 stars.
I am shocked this app got just 12 reviews. Feels like the best RSS feed reader there is. Very logical, clear and convenient design, has all the needed settings. Ideal for overnight syncing and offline reading in tube. Appreciate the fact that you can try it out for free.
Fab news aggregator
I've gone through many different news reader apps including Flipboard, Google Currents/Newsstand, Feedly and more. Now I'm back on iOS this fits in perfectly design wise, it's great to use and I cannot fault anything.
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 January 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ben Alexander
- © 2014 Ben Alexander
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ad Banner£2.29