Next Bus London
By Jeevan Takhar
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
🌟 #1 Selling Travel App - 100% Live Times 🌟
Featured on LBC 97.3, ShinyShiny.tv and Wired
Live bus times on your iPhone! Know exactly how many minutes are left until your bus arrives with this new app from the developer of London Transport.
• Live bus times for 20,000 TfL bus stops
• Track your bus journey on over 1,400 routes
• Search by stop name, address or landmark
• Plan ahead with up-to-date timetables
• See live traffic disruptions along your route
“WAKE ME UP” STOP ALERTS (iOS 5)
• Vibrates your iPhone at your destination
• Personalise your alert with different sounds
• Ideal for unfamiliar areas - or for taking a nap!
DAILY REPORTS / PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
• Live bus times sent directly to your iPhone
• Includes a summary of upcoming buses
• Works even if the app is closed!
• Times of first and last buses
• One tap favourites
• Self updating timetables
• Fare calculator with daily Oyster caps
• Regular updates and new features
• ...and much more!
Next Bus London is the most feature-rich and fastest way to view live bus times in the capital. Don’t let the modest price tag fool you: This is the very best app you’ll buy all year!
Follow @nextbuslondon on Twitter for the latest on updates and new features. Need help, or have a suggestion? Send your feedback to email@example.com
This app uses official Countdown bus data from Transport for London.
What's New in Version 2.2
Here’s what’s new in Next Bus London 2.2:
• New bus fares and ticket types for 2012
• Search bus stops map by stop code
• Location prompts hidden when Location Services are disabled
• General bug fixes and improvements
As usual, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments. Thanks for your support!
Buses throughout London accurately timed
Excellent, follows buses and timing given is accurate to within two minutes, which as GPS worked us ok, one flaw of course us that it shows a bus being one minute away for over five minutes when stuck in school run traffic!! Showing it is correct in that the bus can not move even though it is one minute from the stop, excellent, has been accurate all over London from Loughton, to Harrow, to Upminster, to several locations in Central London!!
It's Stopped Working. Again
When it works, this is a really good app. I rely on it every day and it's saved me so much time and hassle.
But it seems to go through periods when the live bus information, which is it's most important feature, just stops working, without explanation. This happened towards the end of last year and then, after a few weeks, it was suddenly OK again. Now it's doing the same thing and nothing I can do on three different iOS devices can get it to work, whether over Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G. Emails to the support address go unacknowledged. The problem seems to be with the app not the TfL data that it needs to access, because the data remains available through a browser.
So, five stars when it's working, zero stars when it isn't and three stars overall.
I really hope the problem is fixed soon.
Fantastic (when it wants to work)
It's brilliant! Works 98% of the time, it's saved me wasting time waiting for buses that are 15mins away. An app that has actually made a difference to my life! There are huge issues with it crashing at peak times and can be really frustrating if you need to catch a certain bus, too many people trying to use it once..