Love stand-up comedy? Watch NextUp's selection of comedy specials - from big name acts to the stars of tomorrow. Enjoy Next Up anytime, anywhere with no ads or contracts.
Next Up Comedy membership features:
• Access to all comedy specials, uncensored with no ads
• Exclusive stand-up shows - just for NextUp members
• Discover award winning and critically acclaimed comedians
• Enjoy the latest specials as they're released each week
• One week of unlimited comedy laughs, absolutely free
• Watch on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, computer or via your AirPlay enabled device.
• Be part of our growing comedy community, receive exclusive comedy offers and free tickets to recordings
• No time to finish the show? Pick up your comedy viewing where you left off.
Start your week of free comedy directly in the app!
• Pay £4.99 a month with a 7-day free trial, auto-renewing monthly.*
• Pay £49.99 a year with a 7-day free trial, and get two months free, auto-renewing yearly.*
Get your monthly or annual NextUp subscription through the app. If you choose to subscribe, you will be charged a price according to your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment. The subscription is monthly or yearly and renews every month or year unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will automatically be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and you will be charged for one month at a time. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your account settings after purchase.
guidance messages now presented with video details
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea but
To expensive, would be happy £1-£3 per month but £5 I think is to much for what this is.
Lots of good stuff.
The app works very well on iPhone and via airplay to an AppleTV. The interface could be better (a minor gripe). What is most impressive is the range of comedians - many are relative newcomers but worth a watch. The subscription means that if an act is not to your taste you can move onto another. My hit rate is about 2:1 good v bad. Going forward it will need to add more shows and I hope comedians are getting on board with the idea. The fact that shows are filmed as live in a small club (in most cases) means it's 'warts and all' but lovers of proper stand up will know this is very much part of the fun.
A must for comedy fans!
If you're you're a comedy fan, or if you love Edinburgh Fringe then this is a must. It's affordable, the app works seamlessly, and the content is fantastic.
If you have a passing interest in comedy then you might not recognise a lot of the names, but these are amongst the best shows around at the moment.
There are people you will probably know, such as Richard Herring, Brendon Burns, Tony Law and Simon Munnery, but also some future names here too such as Colin Hoult, Lou Sanders, Grainne Maguire, and Stuart Laws.
I live in a big city so I can see a lot of these acts whenever I choose, but if you don't, then use the free trial to get a glimpse into the state of live British comedy today. And it's very very healthy indeed.
- Nextup Comedy Ltd
- 76 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Icelandic
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- ©2018 Nextup Comedy, Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Next Up Comedy Subscription £4.99
- Next Up Comedy Subscription £49.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.