Night Sky is a powerful AR personal planetarium.
Quickly identify stars, planets, constellations and satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the Night Sky! This is all done magically. Whether you’re looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, let Night Sky direct you to it, then explore the object in AR!
- NEW - AR OBJECT EXPLORATION - Pull Planets, Stars and Constellations out of the sky and look at them in AR! In Night Sky 6 we’ve enabled the ability to pull celestial objects out of the sky! The Object Exploration screen then creates a 3D object centre for you to explore in more detail. From here get detailed data, add a Siri Shortcut to the object and even share the object via iMessage etc... with USDZ! When you’re done just throw the object back into the Night Sky!
- NEW - NIGHT SKY SIRI SHORTCUTS - “Hey Siri, show me where the International Space Station is!”… with iOS 12 create a Siri Shortcut, then just ask Siri where any planet or even the ISS is, and Night Sky will direct you to it!
- NEW - AR GLASS CONSTELLATIONS WITH STAR DEPTH - Night Sky 6 brings all new even more detailed Glass Constellation models! Pull your favorite constellation from the sky and see it in 3D enabling you to see the depth and distance of the stars behind it!
- NEW - AR PLANETARY PORTALS (Premium Feature) - Step onto the surface of other planets by placing AR portals around your room! AR Portals also support shared experiences and persistence with ARKIt 2.0!
- NEW - PLANETARIUM VISITS - Find your nearest local planetarium from the new Planetarium feature. When visiting hold your device to any model or image of a planet and get instant access to a 3D model and more information on the object just like magic!
- AR GRAND ORRERY (Premium Feature) : With iOS 12 bring the Solar System into your home or classroom with the Grand Orrery feature and share the experience with other devices! Use augmented reality to walk around the entire solar system, manipulating time and space with your fingertips! A super powerful and super magical experience, only possible with Night Sky and iOS 12!
- NIGHT SKY TOURS (Premium Feature): Get a live tour or create your own tours for any location and time in the world! Just drop a pin on the world map, and Night Sky will generate a Sky Tour for that location and save it into My Tours for quick and easy access. Be sure to create a tour for your favorite camp site, and next summer vacation! Your tours are then synced via iCloud to view with Night Sky on tvOS and vice versa!
- MY SKY NOTIFICATIONS - Completely customize your notifications in Night Sky. Favorite any object from satellites to constellations, and be informed when that object is rising for your current location. Rich notifications appear on your iOS device with beautiful animations. You’ll always be aware when your favorite celestial objects are about to rise!
- POWERFUL SKY VIEW: Identify every celestial object, deep sky objects, beautiful Glass Constellations, Light Spectrum vision with mesmerising visuals, two finger gesture to increase or decrease Light Pollution, & seamless multilayered animated 3D models.
- AR ON APPLE WATCH: We have brought AR to Apple Watch. Simply raise your wrist to the sky to quickly identify stars, planets and constellations!
- + MANY MORE FEATURES!
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $1.99/month or $9.99/year (or equivalent currency). You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/
Thank you for using Night Sky! Version 6.2 brings the following changes:
+ Support for the new iPad Pro - Night Sky has been optimised for the new iPad Pro.
+ AR and Sky Blending improvements - AR and Sky Blending have been improved for the new iPad Pro, and iPhone XS, XR and XS Max to take advantage of better camera technology.
+ Additional bug fixes and enhancements.
Thank you for using Night Sky! If you enjoy using Night Sky, a great review on the App Store is appreciated. If there is anything we can do to help, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com
Ratings and Reviews
This planetarium in your pocket makes it easy to discover the wonders of space wherever you go. Day or night, just aim your device skyward to see a live 3D map of the heavens, complete with beautifully illustrated constellations, stars, planets, and satellites. A special night mode helps you read the map in the dark, while integrated weather reports show the best times for stargazing. You can even have notifications alert you to future astronomical events.
From one time purchase to monthly subs
A stunning application! Although I will never be happy about paying for something and then getting turfed into the free crowd. I do appreciate the developers responses. It does show commitment and I do value their position to make money to support the software even if the model was in hindsight. It does take swear and tears to do. I program myself - I know. The latest update that includes the Tesla and Humanity Star is a nice touch and glad it was added. The app is also looking beautiful with the Milky Way coloring.
Old Reply to Developer response:
I really appreciate dev responses but it’s not a question of canceling the subscription. It’s the fact you guys changed your one time purchase app that I paid good money for into a subscription service. Existing users should have had the ability to stay connected for their original purchase price. You could have had a solution for this type of user.
Old Original review: I am getting so sick of apps charging an initial costs then later switching to in-app purchasing and monthly subscriptions. Seriously.. you should give all existing users free premium when you change the model of payment.
Thank you for your updated review. We're pleased we earned your 5 star review and will continue to deliver great updates to Night Sky going forward. If we can be of any further assistance, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com who will be happy to help. Happy stargazing!
Previous Response: Thank you for your updated review. To address your concerns, we do have a solution to users that paid for Night Sky as a one off between 2011 and mid 2016. That is the free version now actually has more functionality than the versions paid for several years ago. We then were able to move to a subscription model giving much more users great functionality for free, whilst having an optional subscription for our latest features and technology which costs a lot to develop. This way users who paid years ago and choose not to subscribe, maintain, and actually gain functionality which our premium users help fund development of. Those users who do subscribe, are always guaranteed access to our latest features and enhancements. Ultimately it is impossible to maintain a business model where a user pays a small one off fee (similar price to a chocolate bar), and then receive years of free updates to the latest features. You wouldn’t purchase 1 chocolate bar and expect additional ones for free years later. So the free app with subscription is the best solution for the entire user base. We hope this has helped explain.
Original response: Thank you for your review. You are able to cancel your subscription by using the 'Manage Subscription' button from the main menu within Night Sky. We hope this has helped, and we hope to earn your 5 star review. If you need any further assistance, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com who will be happy to help.
I am very pleased with this app. It is good value - especially for a freebie! I have not yet discovered all its features but I am enjoying using it and finding new things. It certainly does what I need it to. Some of the notifications (eg. ISS) are not very accurate in timing, considering that the app asked for my location, but I don't mind; it is still a very good app. I particularly like the way you can point it at the sky and it will orientate and show you what is there. Occasionally, it misses but, as a rule, it is good.
Thank you for your review! Happy stargazing!
- iCandi Apps
- 581.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iCandi Apps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Night Sky Premium Monthly £1.99
- Night Sky Premium Annual £9.49
- Premium Monthly Discounted £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.