nimbl is financial confidence for young people. A prepaid debit Mastercard® and smartphone app for 8 to 18's, nimbl helps young people manage their money safely and responsibly. The nimbl card is accepted in-store and online, without going overdrawn.
Young people get alerts when money arrives, can check their balance, statement and invite friends and family to send gifts straight to their account. With a separate login parents can oversee their child’s spending habits, receive instant notifications, view statements & manage spending controls.
nimbl – building financial confidence in young people for the next generation.
nimbl for parents:
- Instantly top up your parent account and transfer money to your child’s nimbl card.
- Set up regular pocket money or allowances for your child.
- Receive alerts to know when and how much your child is spending.
- Easily lock and unlock the nimbl card if its misplaced.
- Choose whether the card can be used in-store, online and for cash withdrawals.
- Set daily, weekly or monthly spending limits to help encourage responsible budgeting.
- View statements to guide your child’s financial decisions.
- Invite family & friends to gift money to your child.
- View PIN reminders for your child while on the move.
nimbl for young people:
- Receive pocket money or allowances direct to your nimbl prepaid debit Mastercard®.
- Know when your money arrives with instant app alerts.
- Shop online, in-store or take out cash – make fast and secure payments using contactless.
- Check your statement and spending habits and get smarter with your money.
- Save for something special using nimbl savings.
- Option to save every time you spend using micro-savings.
- Invite family and friends to send gifts to support your financial independence.
It’s a safe environment for parents and young people – that’s our promise.
- The nimbl card is backed by Mastercard® - ensuring your money is safe.
- It's a prepaid debit card, so you can’t go overdrawn.
- We block the nimbl card in pubs, off-licenses and online casinos – you can choose to block cash withdrawals and online transactions.
- The nimbl card is protected by a PIN, encryption and password controls keep your account safe.
It’s quick and simple to apply online and your child’s nimbl card will arrive in a few days. You can activate the card and view the PIN online. Visit nimbl.com to learn more, and join today to get a free trial.
More than just a card, nimbl is the start of a journey to becoming a financially confident young adult.
nimbl® is provided by nimbl ltd part of the ParentPay group of companies. Registered office: 11 Kingsley Lodge, 13 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 9UG. Registration in England and Wales with number 09276538.
All correspondence should be sent to: nimbl ltd, Ricoh Arena, Phoenix Way, Coventry, CV6 6GE.
nimbl® is issued by PrePay Technologies Ltd pursuant to license by Mastercard® International Incorporated. nimbl® is an electronic money product. PrePay Technologies Ltd is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 900010) for the issuance of electronic money. Mastercard® and the Mastercard® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard® International Incorporated.
This version fixes issues when using Face Id to login on certain devices.
This version now uses the full display on iPhone X/XR/XS models.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, few UI tweaks and optimisations are in order
The idea is great. One of the cheapest and simplest kids’ card providers out there.
That said, the app itself, with only a few simple optimisations, can be made much more user friendly. Users are nowadays spoilt with sleek fast reliable apps. Currently this app feels like a web page, not an app.
1) Almost every tap causes sever comms and hence the next screen opens slow. It’s a tiny amount of data! Just pre-fetch everything in the background and cache to be used on next app launch.
2) two many taps needed for even the simplest of operations, like transferring money off card.
3) remove useless information dialog boxes with one “OK” button on them like “transfer is complete”. User assumes that it’s complete a brief moment after they’ve tapped “transfer”. Only if extremely rare cases when it fails you need to tell them that it failed.
Try using apps of popular Fintech startups like Monzo and Revolut - you may get few ideas there.
We’ve been with Nimbl for around a year now and, aside from the clunky nature of the app itself, I think it’s fantastic. My kids are learning to manage their money effectively, I can set up my transfer for their pocket money and then forget about it so it saves me time too. It’s comforting to know they’re not carrying cash so they’re safer when out and about too, no fear of being short changed for one thing!
The app needs attention, it’s slow and regularly crashes, but it’s bearable.
Great product for children!
I do not have enough good things to say about nimbl, since setting up an account for my two girls it has really opened their eyes to being in control of their own finances and how to save and spend wisely. What's even better is though the app I can monitor everything.. excellent work nimbl!
- nimbl Limited
- 48.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 nimbl Limited. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.