North Wales Rock - Lite
By Steve Golley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A select guidebook for rock climbing in North Wales by Mark Reeves, published on theSend topo app platform.
The full guide covers selected classic rock routes of the North Wales area from the sea cliffs of Gogarth to the mountains Snowdonia. The areas covered in the first edition are:
- Llanberis Pass
- Ogwen Valley
- North Wales Limestone
At present the guide contains 666 routes across 140 topos covering 7 major climbing areas in North Wales, the taster app includes details of the sport and traditional climbing in Vivian Quarry on the Llanberis slate.
- a general introduction to the climbing in this area.
- crag search and maps for the whole guide, area by area and crag level.
- detailed crag info including parking, access and approach information.
- detailed sector information.
- interactive sector by sector topos showing both the sport and traditional climbing
- up to date routes and problems lists with full descriptions
- route info selection from the routes listing, route badges and swipe navigation.
- online map showing your location relative to the crag
- split parking and crag map pins when the map is zoomed in, with directions from your current location available from the parking pin.
This app looks great so far. I have already learned where loads of crags are located that would of been tough to find with just a book. Hopefully all climbing guides will be like this soon!
- Category: Sports
- Released: 13 October 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Steve Golley
- © 2011 theSend.co.uk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.