By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.0
- Draw perfectly straight lines.
- New color palette for the pen, highlighter, and type.
- New Fall theme.
- Variable and fixed width inks are now available on iPhone.
- iOS 10 compatible.
- Bug fixes.
Straight lines are now directly integrated into the writing experience. Simply draw a line with your finger or stylus, then hold momentarily at the end to automatically straighten the line. To help make crisp designs and shapes, straight lines will connect to nearby straight lines during creation. Straight lines also snap to the lines and intersections in Notability's grid papers. Additionally, a magnifying loupe helps with the fine details.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Meets My Educational And Work Needs
I'm a student and also work from home, so I needed am app that was suitable to write down notes during lectures, while being able to create multiple documents. This app met all my needs.
I no longer need to bring files and book binders to class. My office has less clutter because I am able to track my work notes and ideas in a simple app.
Seriously, worth the purchase.
I've tried a few note apps and always come back to this. I use for all notes and quick sketches, home and work.
Selecting and editing style afterwards is brilliant, adding clips is great (I don't use much though). Helps me tidy up notes add colour and arrows then export PDF very easily share content.
But use this with Apple Pencil and you will have a fab experience for notes.
New update with straight lines will help my diagrams and spend more time in the app.
If you need to take notes, this is a serious consideration in my opinion.
Well done to developer.
Constant crashing on iPad Pro
I love this app but with the new update there is constant crashing resulting in the loss of some work. Please fix!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 19 September 2016
- Version: 6.4.0
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack£2.99