By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Welcome to Notability, a powerful note-taker to annotate documents, sketch ideas, record lectures, and more, on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Notability is the one place to create, share, and manage your notes. It combines handwriting, typing, audio recordings, and photos so you can create notes that fit your needs. And with iCloud support, your notes are always available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Anytime. Anywhere.
Take beautiful notes
- Handwrite notes or sketch ideas using gorgeous variable width ink in a variety of colors.
- Craft reports or type outlines with our full featured word processor.
- Audio recordings help you capture every detail during lectures or meetings.
- Snap a photo of a whiteboard in the classroom or while researching in the field to add to your note.
Replay your notes
- Audio recordings automatically link to your notes.
- Review your notes in context as you listen to the audio recordings.
- Simply tap a word, drawing, or a picture to hear exactly what was said when you added it.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback to students or colleagues.
Mark up documents and forms
- Import and annotate lecture slides, meeting agendas and PDFs.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms via email from anywhere.
- Use all of Notability’s tools to mark up pictures of worksites or projects.
Share your notes
- Create collections of notes to share between study groups and teams with Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Collect and handout assignments between teachers and students.
- Turn iCloud on, and your notes will automatically be available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Create and edit notes on iPhone, iPad, or Mac at anytime.
Notability helps you explore your ideas, store your notes, and improve your memory and organization. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we do.
What's New in Version 5.51
- Bug fixes
- Awesome new import menu to select destination subject and we added a done button.
- Improved image and photo support.
- Bug fixes
CAN A USER TEST THIS PLEASE?
UPDATE ON THE BELOW: Support finally contacted me and said they would rectify the below in the next update. WELL THEY HAVE NOT!
APPLE - Why would you want to endorse this buggy App to us?
Hi, being totally frustrated by Suppport I get the following error so can someone who uses try this and post a reply here before you screw up your own documents:
Issue 1. With all Dividers closed, click Edit, either move a subject or divider or better still click + to add a new Subject. Close the divider and ensure all dividers are closed. Exit the App and reopen... Does it reopen with the last edited divider OPEN that you worked on instead of reopening in the state you CLOSED it down in (ie, all dividers closed closed after editing before closing the App)???
Issue 2. Edit and try move a divider down the order in the list and drop it somewhere. Does it ABSORB/STEAL all the content Subjects of the folder above or below it without any reason for doing so???
If you have a yes to either one or both we have two very disappointing BUGS which Support are completely ignoring despite my twelve months of asking and getting primary school replies...
Thanks and hope someone will respond with a post as this is a great app apart from the above extremely frustrating experiences.
Best app for students
I love this app for taking lecture notes and annotating documents. Being able to come back to my notes and listen to what the lecturer actually said is fantastic. While being able to draw your own diagrams has been fab I recommend this app to everyone I know and even have a friend who bought an iPad for it
Too complicated to delete notes
I do like this app but will be looking for an app that is similar to this because I am finding it too complicated and near impossible to delete notes and they were taking up all my storage and so I have lost a lot of my notes due to having to delete the app and reinstall it just to get rid of the notes I didn't need to keep
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 14 March 2015
- Version: 5.51
- Size: 37.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Developer: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.