By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.2
- Improved Apple Pencil integration for a better writing experience.
- Fixed an issue with PDFs that caused Notability to crash.
- Bug fixes.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
I used this app in my whole semester this year and for the first time I was afraid if I could manage this and leave the old notebooks and my pencilcase at home. It is really fast and really smooth with the apple pencil and I really like the first smart upgrade with the straight line but I really miss these smart gestures for other objects like circles or triangels etc. A bit irritating that if I am on the border of the page and I write something there then viewing the pdf on pc is a bit confusing if you draw there because it cuts what you have drawn there. Please keep up the good work and improvements, make this app useful for every subjects. Thanks and I really recommend this.
Useful and need improvements
I compared some of these kinds of note taking apps and I decided to purchase this one, and I could not be more pleased by my decision. It comes very handy when adding notes on PDFs or signing on return slips. I started to make a-levels notes with it on Mac and it's quite useful. Comparing to Microsoft words, this one provides more flexibility and is especially good for arranging graphs and words. However, when I was doing biology and chemistry notes, I found that it cannot show the subscript and superscript which is ANNOYING, life would be so much easier when they do superscript and subscript...
This is an all round better note taking and recording app in the App Store. I purchased other not taking apps along side this app however after using this as well other notes over the years this app wins.
An issue which I find is a let down is that if you want to add an extra blank sheet to a PDF file to maybe add extra notes as part of your annotation thanks feature isn't available. I like the idea of sticky notes but not good enough. An upgraded version should include the the flexibility to add several pages to PDF documents when needed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 10 November 2016
- Version: 6.4.2
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack£3.99