By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.4
- Fixed a bug with Box integration.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Changes from 6.4.3:
- Google Drive improvements and bug fixes
- Dropbox improvements and bug fixes
- Fixed a rare bug with document conversions
- Fixed a crash associated with Spotlight and spellcheck
- Fixed a scrolling issue while using Apple Pencil
- Now requires iOS 8 or later
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Reliable & Quick
A great note taking app, very reliable. The iCloud sync/backup is very quick, so that your notes appear on your other devices within a minute or two. The organisation of the folders & notes make it very easy to access, and because it's a one off payment you don't get pestered to upgrade all the time. I've become very reliant on this app to manage my van stock and to record those easily forgettable procedures over time.
I'm a big fan of notesplus, but if you need to see your notes on an iPhone & Mac as well as your iPad, this is the app for you.
The Only Note-Taking App I Use
I love Notability. Its versatility is fantastic, especially for a note-taking app.
I use Notability on the iPad Pro, and really enjoy jotting my notes down by hand, sketching ideas, and having the freedom to edit the document as I see fit (moving content around, cutting out parts and enlarging areas ... the interface is clean and easy to use). The way you can switch between the Pencil and keyboard is fluid and flawless.
I also dig it as a PDF viewer. I try to limit the number of apps I have downloaded, so having a note app that doubles as a PDF viewer and editor is perfect, and negates the need to double up on programmes.
Thank you for an awesome app!
The best so far. I tried all the other apps
This is by far the best note taking app. No uploading, converting or hanging issues like the stupid Noteshelf. No cutting edges of slides like GoodNotes. And backup with any file-hosting service. The search tool is incredible. The team is always updating the app and very responsive. Full rating ...... keep it up
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 13 February 2017
- Version: 6.4.4
- Size: 110 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack£3.99