By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.5.2
*** What's New in 6.5.2 ***
* Notes can now be shared via Messages
* Bug fix: Fixed a crash when opening specific notes
* Bug fix: Made it as easy to rotate/scale handwriting as it was in previous versions
* Bug fix: When searching for notes, Notability now properly highlights the search term
* Bug fix: When importing documents from other apps, Notability now properly displays import status and lets users pick which subject the document should be placed in
* Bug fix: Notability could add vertical lines of handwriting to notes unexpectedly
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Simply perfect app!
As an academic this app is fantastically helpful for taking notes in meetings, reviewing papers by directly importing and adding notes to pdf files and also for creating diagrams. I use it with a stylus and I'm amazed with how smooth this app is and also with how it detects your palm so you can rest it on the iPad screen and have the same experience as writing on a piece of paper. The categorisation part makes it perfect for my work so I can organise my notes, and not to forget backing up the notes directly to dropbox in folders labeled by category names. So many great features and continuous updates by the app developers.
Great app! Just some ideas for improvement
Love the app, well worth the money. Some improvements:
- would be great if we could grab text along with annotations to move around the page (when using the scissors tool), it can be frustrating when you want to move things around and the text stays fixed (and only the highlighter moves)
- being able to further sort subjects into sub folders
- being able to insert emojis directly into the document instead of having them fixed to a text line!
If you are a university student, this app will work well for you regardless of your major. Everyone will need to take notes from time to time. It's brilliant. Every single piece of revision work i have is on this app. Instant iCloud backup over all your devices is a great feature. However, the option to further divide subjects and to open two notes side by side should be available.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 24 April 2017
- Version: 6.5.2
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack£3.99