Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
• Secure and lock your notes using Touch ID.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's new in 3.1 ***
You asked for these features and we listened! We've added powerful new features: custom colors, a color dropper to match any color in your note, increased note security using Apple's Touch ID, in-app file conversion, and dark mode.
Custom Colors & Color Dropper
• Custom colors have arrived - the rainbow is the limit! Expand your color palette by saving up to 32 additional custom colors.
• Colors can be chosen with a color wheel or by entering a HEX value.
• The color dropper easily allows you to select any color in your note and save that as one of your custom colors.
New Locking Feature
• Our security just got amped with Touch ID to unlock subjects.
In-app File Conversion
• Notability now converts Microsoft Office files to PDFs on your device for added privacy and security.
• Quicker and more reliable conversion.
• Notability now supports the system wide dark mode introduced in Mojave.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App for note taking in lectures
Great for annotating lecture slides and reviewing them later on on another device. Pen input is fantastic and makes university a lot easier.
The organisation would be a lot more convenient if I could have separate notebooks. Having all my dividers in one area can be quite messy. Could you please create a notebooks feature where I can place sets of dividers?? Also, would it be possible to having multiple subjects with the same name as long as they're kept in separate dividers? Thanks
I'd get it, I use it entirely for my university work. One thing I would love to see is if playback can be paused using the touchbar, it would really be useful while writing notes!
Other than that this is a fantastic app on MacOS and iOS, you should get it, don't even think about it the rest of the note taking apps are trash!
Great, but buggy
Great and simple app.
However, it has bugs when syncing over iCloud, and which the company can't seem to fix over the time. These bugs are quite annoying and can't be neglected. If you plan to use this app over multiple devices, be aware.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 93.2 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.