Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote. AUTO-
BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 3.0.3 ***
• Fixed a crash that could happen when searching
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for My Needs
I like handwriting - it’s richer and more meaningful to me - but I also like to be able to search it. Notability does a very good job of this, and now it is on the Mac. It works fine and offers a complete workflow for me. Delighted.
At last - and it’s great
This is great - and (contrary to the review below) it does work with all folders/dividers etc and files imported from other devices, categorised according to where they are on your iPad. I’ve been waiting for this for a long time as the way to use and manage Notability properly and fully. I’ve had it on my iPad for a long time and also on my iPhone although don’t use it much there. iCloud allows full syncing across mobile devices (and presumably this is how my files all just turned up in the folders and divided sections from my iPad as soon as I installed the app on my Mac), but I wanted to be able to manage things on my computer as well - the way you can with Evernote (which is so popular, but so different in the way it works - seems to me to be designed for less organised people to keep control of their stuff!). Finally, the hole in the jigsaw has been filled and Notability can become an even more useful tool in my personal and work life. Thanks to the developers for listening to feedback and getting this out!
Good software some room for improvement
I rencently wrote a review giving this software 1 star based on there being no aftercare. However, I did eventuallyt receive an excellent responce and apology for the delay in the time it took. I was led to believe future responces, to any questions raised, would be faster. With the above in mind my 4 stars is based on the actual software. I was looking for an App that would sync across all my hardware (iPhone; iPad; MacBook Pro and Mac) and be extremely versatile when it came to holding information. This App was the only one I could find that was able to do this. I have improted pdfs, photos without any problem and there are plenty of tools to enable you to make your own notes and even highlight ones you have improted. There is some room for improvement which is why I have given it 4 stars, that said it is by far the best application I have found for keeping notes.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 73.8 MB
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.