By Neuratron Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free single-staff version of NotateMe - the ground-breaking music composition software from Neuratron, featuring powerful handwriting recognition and PhotoScore Now printed score capture.
WILL NOT RUN ON iPhone 3GS OR iPod Touch 4th Gen.
IF USING IPAD 2, IPAD MINI OR IPOD AND CRASHES ON FIRST RUN, RESTART DEVICE TO FREE RESOURCES USED BY OTHER APPS AND ENSURE NO APPS RUNNING IN BACKGROUND.
iPhone 5 or larger screen & stylus (e.g. Adonit Jot) recommended for best results.
- Quickly and accurately enter music notation with your finger or stylus.
- Write music on the train, in a plane, by a lake, or just sitting comfortably on your sofa!
- Simple, intuitive interface with little to distract you from your creativity - similar to writing with pen and paper, but with instant playback, editing and a score suitable for printing at the end!
- Includes PhotoScore Now - A free 1-staff version of the PhotoScore Add-In (In-App Purchase) for full NotateMe. Take photos of printed sheet music with your device's camera, so you can play back and edit them with NotateMe Now! Recognizes 5-line staves and most markings including chords, flags, beams, rests, accidentals, articulation marks, clefs, key signatures, time signatures, tuplets, slurs, ties, hairpins and text including lyrics, dynamics and instrument names. Note: Requires 5MP camera & 1 GB RAM - so not for iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini (1st gen) or earlier.
- Great when learning or teaching music notation.
- Email MusicXML and MIDI files of your scores to friends or other musicians. Open in desktop notation packages.
- NotateMe Now recognizes a wide range of music notation symbols, including notes (with solid, open, and slanted noteheads), flags, beams, leger lines, multiple voices per staff, chords, rests, accidentals (natural, sharp, double sharp & flat), augmentation dots, ties, slurs, hairpins, clef changes, key signatures. Barlines, clefs, time signatures and triplets are added automatically.
- It works while you write - the printed score updates automatically without you needing to stop and wait.
- If NotateMe Now doesn’t recognize your style immediately, keep at it, as it will adjust. Leave clear space between symbols and make markings clearer with further strokes if any transcription errors occur. If you experience problems, tap 'Help Improve NotateMe' from the Export menu and we will analyze your handwriting to help us improve NotateMe further.
iPhone 5/s/c, iPod Touch 5 onwards, iPad (2nd generation onwards, 3rd generation onwards for PhotoScore Add-In), iPad mini
Screen size - 4 inches diagonal
Writing implement - Finger or stylus
PhotoScore Add-In: 5MP rear facing camera with auto-focus, 1 GB RAM. Good lighting conditions.
Note: It may take a short while for you to become accustomed to aligning parts of musical symbols when writing using a finger, particularly on a smaller screen.
iPad 4th generation, iPad Air
Screen size - 5.3 inches diagonal
Writing implement - Stylus
PhotoScore Now: 5MP rear facing camera with auto-focus, 1 GB RAM. Good lighting conditions.
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
- Fixed playback issue with iOS 8
- Full Score layout improvements
- Quicker smoother note entry.
- Much improved grace note support, including grace note recognition in PhotoScore Now.
- Overhaul of Full Score layout code, allowing the layout of bars with bad timing, and many other fixes.
- Allows attempted import of invalid MusicXML files.
- Allows import of files with long names.
- Now keeps all Pen Tool buttons open on larger screens. Hold down over Notation Tool to show only one once again.
- Many minor improvements and fixes to most aspects of NotateMe.
Open In JPEGs of sheet music from camera roll and other apps.
Improved score layout.
NotateMe changes 220.127.116.11:
PhotoScore Now - A free 1-staff version of the PhotoScore Add-In (In-App Purchase) for full NotateMe. Take photos of printed sheet music with your device's camera, so you can play back and edit them with NotateMe Now!
Note: Requires 5MP camera & 1 GB RAM - so not for iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini (1st gen) or earlier.
Notateme now review
A great app for composing on the fly well done
- Category: Music
- Updated: 03 October 2014
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Neuratron Limited
- © 2013-2014 Neuratron Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.