Novel in 30
By PT Software Solutions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Admit it - you've always wanted to write a novel. You've had ideas kicking around in your head for months or years, but have had trouble actually sitting down and writing.
Novel in 30 will help you achieve your goal of writing a novel. Not only does it provide a distraction-free writing environment, it offers necessary encouragement along the way. And by holding you to a deadline, it might just give you the kick in the rear that you need to get that novel out of your head and onto the page.
For those that enjoy bullet-point feature lists, here's ours:
* Visually appealing, distraction-free writing environment.
* Enhanced onscreen keyboard keeps commonly-used keys at your fingertips.
* Full support for external keyboards.
* Provides motivation as you journey down your path to novelist stardom.
* Configurable project settings - set your target word count and deadline.
* Project dashboard - tracks your progress, letting you know where your stand at a glance, and what writing pace you need to maintain to reach your goal.
* Lets you share your success with your friends on Facebook when you reach a milestone.
* Syncs your writing project to your computer via iTunes, so you have easy access to your writing from your computer.
* Makes it easy to back up your writing project to your Dropbox.
* All documents are saved as plain text files, so they can be opened in any word processing program.
Novel in 30 is the perfect app for National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo.org), or for whenever you're willing to throw down the gauntlet and challenge yourself or your friends to a writing contest.
Questions? Problems? Effusive praise? Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing a novel is fun! Why not start yours today?
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Minor performance enhancements.
- Added feature that allows you to change the working title for your novel once you've started it.
- Updated Dropbox integration.
Enjoying Novel in 30? Please leave a review in the App Store.
If you have any questions, comments, or feature requests, send an email to email@example.com
Just One Problem
Whilst I really, really enjoy the look, layout and execution of this app, there is one little glitch (at least I am assuming it is a glitch) which is totally ruining my ability to use this app. It doesn't scroll as I am writing. I can only ever see the top section of my work for that day, rather than be able to move back and forth within the body of it. What I end up doing is writing in a different app and then copy and pasting it into this app. It's incredibly frustrating and entirely puts me off using it. You REALLY need to get this fixed.
where have the sliders gone?
This app was really useful as I tend to write to strange deadlines with strange word counts and you could move the sliders to whatever you wanted. I like the motivational bits and the pop up messages when you've got far, but now the sliders have gone there's no point me using it any more. I don't want to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. The sliders were the best bit of this app and without them it's pretty useless.
Highly Broken Software
Good idea that would have been very useful but lots needs doing before it's worth anything. Lack of slider control when setting times and word counts and no scrolling when writing so 300 words into day one and I couldn't continue as I couldn't see the text I was typing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 30 October 2012
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Peter de Tagyos
- © 2011 Peter C. de Tagyos
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.