NTSP is provided free of charge by the National Tracheostomy Safety Project (UK). The App provides the most up to date guidance for dealing with tracheostomy or laryngectomy emergencies. The information is applicable to medical, nursing and allied health care providers and relevant to hospital or community settings.
The emergency algorithms are the product of a unique multidisciplinary collaboration between key stakeholders in airway and tracheostomy care. These groups are listed below. The algorithms are within the App for emergency use, but also have interactive links to videos which describe and illustrate the key steps in emergency management (internet connection required).
There are many more resources, including links to our e-Learning for Healthcare self-directed modules, on our parent site: www.tracheostomy.org.uk.
Other key features include:
* Resources - links to the main resources section of our website
* FAQ section - contains descriptions, images and diagrams of essential equipment and techniques.
* Video library - links to our YouTube video archives with demonstrations and discussions about safer patient care.
* Courses - details of our tracheostomy safety courses, in partnership with the Advanced Life Support Group (www.alsg.org)
* News feeds - keep up to date with the latest literature and developments.
* Partners - links to our healthcare partners and other useful information sites.
Fixes to support the latest OS
Ratings and Reviews
A Wonderful and intuitive resource capable of saving lives!
This is an extremely useful and accessible resource for anyone caring for patients with tracheostomies. Virtually all tragedies associated with dislodged or badly managed 'trachies' are avoidable. This unique form of knowledge-sharing is a huge leap in the right direction!
Great job! Download with confidence: IT'S NOT JUST FOR DOCTORS!
Excellent, really clear and informative. Makes a significant contribution to tracheostomy care. I'll definitely recommend it to Speech and Language Therapy colleagues. sar13slt
Great App. All the info I need in one place. Interactive algorithms are a fantastic teaching resource when you have an Internet connection.
- BOXSAIL LTD
- 49.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © National Tracheostomy Safety Project
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.