Number Bonds by Thinkout
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sale: discount from $2.99 to $0.99!
It’s time to set your child on the path to becoming smarter than you! Number Bonds by Thinkout helps your child understand numbers and enhances learning.
***Recommended by MacWorld (2012-03-27)***
***Reached top-10 of tested apps at Apps-4-Kids***
***Finalist in About.com Readers' Choice Award***
What your child will learn:
- By filling gaps with rods, the child applies intuitive understanding of the concrete such as size and color to better understand the abstract idea of number.
- By increasing the difficulty of placing the rods, your child will grasp the concept of numbers (0-10) and simple addition.
- One of the most difficult yet important processes in learning - for children as well as adults - is the abstraction process – which Number Bonds by Thinkout enhances in your child. Useful for the rest of their life!
(Suitable for children aged 3-7)
Years of research on people with difficulties understanding number is brought into this app for iPhone, iPad and iPod. With intriguing graphics and exciting game play, your child unknowingly learns numbers. And, no reading abilities required, so no need to assist your child while using the app.
In Number Bonds by Thinkout, your child will help a cute space traveler talk with other adorable creatures, learning numbers to take the traveler to the next place. Number Bonds by Thinkout is a new take on the learning process; a challenge to the conventional ideas on teaching; an app designed for the possibilities of digital tools combined with a deep curiosity and passion for learning; the first edutainment app from publisher Thinkout, founded by Rolf Skoglund, formerly Microsoft VP.
Turning disadvantages to your advantage:
- Number Bonds by Thinkout is the result of years of research on how to help children with math difficulties (dyscalculia), directed by Professor Diana Laurillard from the University of London. It’s a combination of pedagogy, technology and neuroscience.
- Children are experts on play and fun, but not keen on sitting still and listening. Number Bonds by Thinkout is using children’s passion for play to invoke curiosity - working with children’s nature instead of against it, but never losing the aim to enhance learning.
- Carefully modeled to enthuse the child, there are easily understandable tasks and attractive graphics.
- During learning moments, all disruptive elements such as animation and sounds are removed, without the child losing interest in the game. That way, the learning curve is optimized.
- The game gives feedback on the learner’s action either to help them improve it, or as a reward, never to punish.
- Advanced adaptive technology sets the speed of the game to suit your child's ability and interest.
- 25% of earnings goes back to research.
A parent’s dream:
- Follow your child’s progress. The five levels in the game, each with increased difficulty, mark a new step towards understanding numbers.
- Easy to track progress, as performance on each level is graded with stars.
- The game comes without tutorial: so possible for a child to start learning right away.
”Thinkout uses a learning model we know works: catch the learner where she or he is curious and thoroughly engaged in the learning moment and provide positive reinforcement from feedback loops.” // Dr. Keith Devlin, Co-founder H-Star Institute at Stanford University and The Math Guy NPR US.
”The possibility of moving the focus from teaching to learning, from bored kids to engaged students and from repetition to understanding lies ahead of us.
Thinkout is my interpretation of this possibility.” // Rolf Skoglund, Founder Thinkout and former Microsoft VP.
VISIT US: www.thinkout.se
LIKE US to be first to know about new apps: http://on.fb.me/thinkout
Do you have any questions, ideas or comments? We’d love to hear from you! (mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
What's New in Version 1.01
* Localization added to App store description
Incredibly useful tool
My Autistic son has struggled with number bonds for a few years. We've tried so many methods and spent hours with him trying to resolve this.
This application has advanced his math skills and engaged him in a way he can process.
He returned to school this week and they were blown away with his sudden aptitude in number bonds. We've found this app instrumental in the progress he's made,
A great tool that starts out very simple, just adding colour bars, and slowly introduces numbers once the concepts have been grasped.
We've provided feedback to the school and local education support people who have been very interested to look at this application for others like our son.
Thanks for a superb app. Can we have one that does higher numbers please, 20,50,100 etc :)
This is weak. The basic version does not have actual numbers, simply bars. There's no way of knowing this ahead of buying it.
This app is useless. The advert is misleading as the app doesn't contain any numbers. How can you teach number-bonds without numbers !!!