Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Use Smart Categories to quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights.
• Group your data based on unique values and date ranges, including day of week, day, week, month, quarter and year.
• Instantly show count, subtotal, average, maximum and minimum values for columns in each group.
• Create charts of your summarised data.
• Easily reorder categories to see your data in a different way.
• Easily save drawings to Photos or Files, or share them with others.
• Support for Siri Shortcuts. Requires iOS 12.
• Numbers now supports Dynamic Type.
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Numbers is really rather good, it is excellent on a Mac. The iOS version has the functionality but inevitably it is going to be harder to use on an iPhone than on a laptop or desktop.
The iPad version presents you with an unfamiliar interface compared to a desktop spreadsheet but once you take time to learn how to use it, it’s great.
I missed the categories feature of the prior Mac versions which were a brilliant alternative to pivot tables, whilst that has not returned the improved sort functions are very versatile and easy to use.
Whilst I have large financial models using multi cell array formulas in Excel, I have found that with a bit of thought and digging deep the function set on Numbers is very powerful indeed.
Numbers has the feature of multiple tables per sheet as it’s normal method of operation and it’s integration with the Mac world means that I have moved all my financial modelling to numbers and it’s good and I find easier to use and can display information in a clearer fashion.
There is little that Numbers cannot do if you dig deep into the function set and use a little imagination, accordingly I will let office 365 go when the current annual subscription dies.
I am confident that we will see further improvements in functionality that keep its inherent simplicity and accessibility to newcomers and then I will give five stars !
Bring back Apple Pencil support
The latest update has removed the ability to use the Pencil for navigation and only allows drawing. I don’t know why you’d want to draw on a spreadsheet but at least give the option to turn it off. There’s probably more people out there who want to use the pencil for navigation and selecting cells rather than draw. The pencil is a powerful tool Apple, please don’t just force us to use it for drawing and nothing else. For the iPad Pro to be a true desktop replacement a precision pointing tool is needed and that is what the pencil provides. Don’t go back on your steps when you attempted the same with iOS 9.3 to remove navigation. Why is the pencil only supposed to be used for drawing? It’s capable of so much more and makes the iPad Pro far more easier and comfortable to use when using it for navigation. Please bring back support and give the option to disable drawing as I don’t think anyone will need to use the drawing tools more than navigation.
You can ignore most of the negative comments on here as they seem to be lying. I’ve been using Numbers for years and it works great and the new updates make data entry so much easier. Fantastic for creating visually stunning looking documents which you cannot do in MS Excel (although Excel is still the gold standard for hardcore number crunching spreadsheets).
My review is based on using this app for creating data dictionary sheets to help in writing my computer games and some budget charts.
Casual spreadsheet users will get on with this as it’s free and simple to use (formulas are the same as excel).
If your looking for a hardcore number crunching spreadsheet app and you want the most compatible files, then go with Excel.
- Apple Distribution International
- 476.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.